Carla's Southwest Dip is an instant favorite!
- step-by-step directions
- 1 can corn (drained, 15 ounces)
- 1 block cream cheese (softened, 8 ounces)
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 bunch scallions (white and light green parts only, sliced on bias)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 cup pickled jalapenos (drained, chopped)
- 3/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese (shredded)
- tortilla chips (to serve)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- Adjust the oven rack to the highest rack in the oven. Preheat the broiler.
- In a large bowl add the corn, cream cheese, milk, scallions, cumin, jalapenos and season with salt and pepper. Mix to combine and remove to an 8-inch cast iron skillet. Top with cheddar cheese and place under the broiler until the cheese is melted and golden brown and the center is warmed through. Serve with tortilla chips.
- Tip: Make the day before and bake right before the dinner party.
Similar categories: Appetizers, Starters & Snacks
Camp Stew (Budae Jiggae)
Salmon with Chimichurri Sauce and Cauliflower Mash
Cornmeal Apple Crumble Skillet
Pork and Beef Meatballs
Savory Rye French Toast with Corned Beef Hash and Cheddar Onion Butter
Paella with Chorizo, Shrimp, Calamari, Mussels, Green Peas, and Curry Butter
Strawberry Linzer Cheesecake
Ricotta Gnudi with Brown Butter and Sage