Ground pork, beef, and tomato sauce make for a family friendly Italian classic
- step-by-step directions
- Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 medium Onion (chopped)
- 1 Carrot (chopped)
- 6 slices Smoked Bacon (chopped)
- 8 ounces Ground Pork
- 8 ounces Ground Beef
- 6 Garlic Cloves (smashed)
- 1/4 cup Sweet Vermouth
- 1 cup White Wine
- 1 cup Chicken Stock
- 1 28 ounce can Whole Peeled Tomatoes (crushed by hand)
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 1/2 pounds Spaghetti
- Freshly Cracked Black Pepper
- Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese (to serve)
- In a heavy-bottomed pot, add Olive Oil over medium-high heat. Combine the Onion, Carrot and Bacon and sauté until softened.
- Add the Pork and Beef, season with Salt and Pepper and brown, about 8 minutes.
- Toss in the smashed Garlic Cloves and cook just until fragrant.
- Deglaze with Vermouth, scraping up brown bits from the bottom of the pan. Pour in the White Wine and Chicken Stock. Add the Tomatoes. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Cover loosely and cook for 6 hours, stirring occasionally. Mixture should be very thick.
*At this point you can remove from heat and store in fridge for a few days or freeze.
- When ready to serve heat sauce and stir in 1 cup of Milk. Simmer for about 30 minutes until thickened.
- Bring a large pot of salted Water to a boil. Cook Spaghetti to al dente according to package instructions. Toss cooked noodles into sauce and loosen with pasta water as needed.
- Garnish liberally with freshly grated Parmesan Cheese.
Similar categories: Ingredients Beef Pasta Courses & Meals Dinner Pizza & Pasta Beef Cuisine Italian
Roasted Carrots and Chickpeas with Feta Vinaigrette
Skordalia and Roasted Beets
Quinoa and Shrimp Medley
Peach and Sriracha Chicken Over Coconut Rice
Double Decker Buffalo Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Spring Orzo Salad
Swiss Chard and Feta Turnovers
Donut Puffs with Coffee Mousse
Mint Salsa Verde Glazed Smoked Ham
Mint Salsa Verde
Green Bloody Mary with Mint Salsa Verde