Beef Burger with Spaghetti Bun
PYT's Spaghetti Burger
- Spaghetti Bun:
- 1 pound Thin Spaghetti
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tablespoon dried Oregano
- 1 tablespoons dried Basil
- 4 Garlic cloves (finely minced)
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 1/4 pounds Ground Beef
- 1 Egg
- 1 teaspoon ground Oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried Basil
- 2 Garlic cloves (finely minced)
- 1 tablespoon shredded Parmesan Cheese (plus more for finishing)
- 4 ounces shredded Mozzarella
- Salt and Pepper
- 3 cups Marinara (heated for serving)
- Spaghetti Bun: Place spaghetti in a large pot and bring to a boil. Cook until just past al dente so that the sticky consistency will help the spaghetti form tighter buns. Drain and allow the pasta to cool, making sure the pasta is completely drained (excess water can affect the formation of the bun).
- Once pasta is cooled and dry, combine it with the eggs, oregano, basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl. Portion the pasta mixture into 8 equal parts (about 2 ounces each).
- Form the pasta into patties (PYT Owner Tommy Up recommends using something circular to help form the patties-- he can't reveal the spaghetti bun secret but just using your hands won't be enough!). Once patties have been formed, refrigerate for an hour or until firm. Then lay the firm spaghetti buns on a well greased pan and bake at 350F for about 20 minutes, or until golden brown on the outer edge but with a firm bite in the center.
- Patties: Whip together the egg, salt, pepper, herbs, garlic and parmesan cheese then combine with the ground beef. Separate the ground beef mixture into 8 equal portions (about 2.5 ounces each).
- Press each portions out evenly into a patty shape, making sure there are no tears in the meat. Lay out all the pressed patties on a sheet tray and place 1 ounce of shredded mozzarella in the center of half of them.
- Using the remaining patties, cover each cheese topped patty so the cheese remains in the center. Pinch together the edges of the patties to seal in the cheese. Cook the stuffed meatball patties to desired doneness (Tommy Up recommends medium well to ensure that the cheese has melted).
- Place each patty on a spaghetti bun and top with Marinara sauce and a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese. Finish off with a second spaghetti bun and ENJOY!