Fresh summer pasta!
Mario Batali's Spaghetti with Green Tomatoes
- 1/4 cup Fresh Mint Leaves
- 1/4 cup Fresh Basil Leaves
- 1/4 cup Italian Parsley Leaves
- 1/4 cup Arugula (washed and spun dry)
- 5 Green Tomatoes (chopped)
- 2 clove Garlic (chopped)
- 1/4 cup Extra-Virgin Olive Oil plus 2 tablespoons
- Salt and freshly ground Black Pepper
- 1 pound Spaghetti
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano plus extra for garnish
- Bring 6 quarts of water to a boil in a large pot, and add 2 tablespoons salt.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor, combine the mint, basil, parsley, arugula, 1 clove of garlic, Parmigiano and olive oil and pulse to form a chunky puree. Season aggressively with salt and pepper, and set aside.
- In a saute pan add 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Add chopped tomatoes and garlic, cooking for 2-3 minutes. Add full ladle of pesto into pan.
- Cook the pasta in the boiling water until just al dente. Drain the pasta and add to pan with tomatoes and pesto. Add some of the pasta water and toss to coat. Top with sprinkle with the Parmigiano, and serve immediately.