Chew fan Noreen Palinkas' Spanakopita Quiche is a new favorite!
- step-by-step directions
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 12 ounces fresh baby spinach (roughly chopped)
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup mascarpone
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 8 ounces feta (cut into cubes)
- 1 store-bought pie crust
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- Heat the oven to 375ºF.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat and once hot, add chicken and season with salt and pepper. Once cooked through, add spinach and saute for about 30 seconds until spinach just starts to wilt. Remove from heat and let cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, mascarpone, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Stir in feta along with cooked chicken and spinach.
- Place pie crust into 7x11-inch baking dish and pour in egg mixture.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes, until golden brown. Remove from oven and let sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Tip: Be sure to cool each ingredient that is sauteed before adding to the egg mixture. If the egg curdles just strain through a fine mesh sieve.
Similar categories: Quiches
Rock Shrimp and Egg Sandwich
Apple Tarte Tatin
Buttermilk Semifreddo with Candied Peaches
Cast-Iron Blueberry Cobbler
Green Chicken Enchiladas
Savory Breakfast Cauliflower Bake
Sausage Gravy and Bacon Biscuits
Italian Egg Boat
Waffle Pies with Herbed Eggs
Chai Tea Oatmeal