Chew fan Noreen Palinkas' Spanakopita Quiche is a new favorite!
- step-by-step directions
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 12 ounces fresh baby spinach (roughly chopped)
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup mascarpone
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 8 ounces feta (cut into cubes)
- 1 store-bought pie crust
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- Heat the oven to 375ºF.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat and once hot, add chicken and season with salt and pepper. Once cooked through, add spinach and saute for about 30 seconds until spinach just starts to wilt. Remove from heat and let cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, mascarpone, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Stir in feta along with cooked chicken and spinach.
- Place pie crust into 7x11-inch baking dish and pour in egg mixture.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes, until golden brown. Remove from oven and let sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Tip: Be sure to cool each ingredient that is sauteed before adding to the egg mixture. If the egg curdles just strain through a fine mesh sieve.
Similar categories: Quiches
rate this recipe
Toasted Almond Bons
Chopped Cheese Sandwich
Sweet and Spicy Lemonade Grilled Chicken
Cherry Pink Lemonade
Dutch-Oven Peach Cobbler
Cedar Plank Halibut with Corn Salad
Wedge Salad with Creamy Blue Cheese and Blue Cheese Vinaigrette
Crunchy Vegetable Salad with Pomegranate Dressing
Pork Tenderloin with Apricot Dipping Sauce
Vegan Spinach and Artichoke Dip Triangles
Sunday Lamb Roast with Paloise Sauce