Speedy Huevos Rancheros
Huevos Rancheros you could whip up in minutes!
- step-by-step directions
Speedy Huevos Rancheros
- 1/4 cup olive oil (plus 1 tablespoon, divided)
- 1 medium yellow onion (peeled, thinly sliced)
- 2 chipotles in adobo (roughly chopped)
- 1 (14-ounce) can fire roasted tomatoes (diced)
- 2 limes (1 juiced, 1 cut into wedges to serve)
- 8 corn tortillas
- 2 (15-ounce) cans pinto beans (drained, rinsed)
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 8 large eggs
- 1/2 cup cotija cheese (crumbled, to garnish)
- 1/4 cup cilantro (rough chopped, to garnish)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- In a large saute pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add the onions and chipotle peppers and cook until soft and translucent, about 2-3 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes, season with salt and pepper and cook for 5-7 minutes. Remove to a food processor, fitted with a blade attachment, add lime juice, and puree until smooth. Return the salsa to the pan, reduce the heat to low keep warm until ready to use.
- Dip corn tortillas one at a time into olive oil, coating each side, and season with salt. Arrange tortillas in one even layer on a baking sheet and place on the center rack of the oven, baking until golden brown and crispy, about 5-6 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside until ready to assemble.
- In a medium saute pan over medium-high heat, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil, and pinto beans. Using a potato masher, mash the beans until mostly smooth and broken down. Stir in the water. Add butter, stirring to combine. Continue to cook until warmed through, about 2-3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste and set aside until ready to assemble.
- In a large nonstick saute pan over medium-high heat, add the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Add eggs, 4 at a time, to the oil and fry until whites have set and yolks are still runny, about 2-3 minutes. Remove to a plate, season with salt and pepper, and repeat process with remaining eggs.
- To Assemble: Spread a 1/4 cup of pinto bean mash onto a corn tortilla. Spoon about 1/4 cup of the salsa on top of the bean puree and top with 1 egg. Garnish with cotija cheese and cilantro. Repeat with remaining ingredients and serve.
- Tip: Cut any remaining tortillas into chip-sized squares, bake, and use to dip into any remaining salsa!
rate this recipe
Seaside Crab Dip
Charred Broccoli Salad
BBQ Ranch Chicken Pull-Apart Sliders
Garlic Parmesan Ranch Chicken with Potatoes
Toasted Almond Bons
Chopped Cheese Sandwich
Sweet and Spicy Lemonade Grilled Chicken
Cherry Pink Lemonade
Dutch-Oven Peach Cobbler