This spicy burger will have your taste buds saying delicioso in no time
Spicy 50/50 Burger
- 3/4 pound Ground Beef (80/20)
- 3/4 pound Fresh Chorizo (removed from casings)
- Kosher Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 slices Swiss Cheese
- 8 Potato Slider Buns
- 1 Cup Fresh Cilantro Leaves
- 2 tablespoons Water (to melt cheese)
- 1 can Hatch Chile Peppers (drained and chopped)
- Preheat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- In a bowl, mix to combine the Ground Beef and Chorizo. Form the meat into 8 small patties. Season the patties on both sides with Salt and Pepper.
- Add the Olive Oil to the skillet, add the patties and, using a spatula, press each to form a thin burger. Cook without moving until a good crust forms (about 2 minutes). Flip the burgers and cook until heavily caramelized (about 2 minutes). Reduce the heat to medium-low and top each burger with a slice of Cheese. Add 2 tablespoons Water to the pan, cover and allow the Cheese to melt for 1 minute.
- Put 1 burger onto each Bun bottom, top with a few sprigs of Cilantro, Hatch Chiles and the other half of the Bun and serve.