Be careful, you just might blow your top with the homemade habanero hot sauce!
Spicy Bajan Burger
- 1 pound Ground Beef (lean)
- 6 Cloves Garlic (minced)
- 3 Green Onions (minced)
- 2 tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 1 Egg
- 1/3 cup Bread Crumbs
- 3 tablespoons Bajan Hot Sauce
- Adobo Seasoning (for sprinkling)
- 4 Sharp Cheddar Cheese Slices
- 4 Kaiser Rolls (split; lightly toasted)
- Lettuce (to serve)
- Tomato (to serve)
- Mayonnaise (to serve)
- Ketchup (to serve)
- Bajan Hot Sauce
- 3 ounces White Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Ground Turmeric
- 5 teaspoons Brown Sugar
- 4 teaspoons Yellow Mustard
- 6-9 Fresh Habanero Chile Peppers (seeds removed)
- 1/2 cup Chopped Onion
- Sea Salt
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl. Form into 4 patties, and sprinkle with Adobo Seasoning.
- Preheat a grill or grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Grill burgers to medium well, about 3 minutes per side, and top with sliced Sharp Cheddar Cheese.
- Serve burgers on a lightly toasted Kaiser Roll, adorned with Lettuce, Slice of Tomato, Mayonnaise and Ketchup.
- For Bajan Hot Sauce:
- in small bowl mix Vinegar, Turmeric, Mustard and Brown Sugar until smooth. Place Vinegar mixture, Habaneros, Onions, and a pinch of Salt into a blender and purée to a smooth pourable texture.