Spicy Fireball Buffalo Fries
The mouth-watering fries are so hot, you should probably have a fire extinguisher at the ready.
- step-by-step directions
Spicy Fireball Buffalo Fries
- 4 Russet Potatoes (scrubbed & hand cut into wedges; julienne & waffle fries)
- 1 gallon Cold Water
- 2 tablespoons Distilled White Vinegar
- Canola Oil (for deep frying)
- 2-3 tablespoons Fries Seasoning
- 1/2 cup Fireball Buffalo Hot Sauce
- 1/4 cup Bleu-Sabi Dipping Sauce
- 1/4 cup Julienne Cut Celery & Carrot (for garnish)
- 2-3 tablespoons Crumbled Blue Cheese (for garnish)
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 2 tablespoons Paprika
- 1 tablespoon Garlic Powder
- 1 tablespoon Onion Powder
- 2 teaspoons Seasoned Salt
- 1 teaspoon Super Fine Sugar
- 2-3 turns Freshly ground black pepper
Fireball Buffalo Hot Sauce
- 1 cup Hot Sauce
- 1/2 cup Cinnamon Whiskey
- 1 stick Unsalted Butter (cut into cubes)
- Kosher Salt & Freshly Ground Black Pepper
Blue-Sabi Dipping Sauce
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 1/2 tablespoon White Wine Vinegar
- 1/8 tablespoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1/8 tablespoon Kosher Salt
- 1/8 tablespoon Tabasco
- pinch Granulated Garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon Worcestershire
- 2 .5 ounces Blue Cheese Crumbles
- 1/4 cup Buttermilk
- 2 tablespoon Wasabi Powder
- Cut the Fries into equal parts French fries, wedges and waffle fries (use a mandolin). Soak in water with Vinegar for 2-3 hours. Drain and pat dry.
- Working in batches, deep fry the fries in 325°F Oil for 6-7 minutes until lightly golden (the waffles and wedges may take a minute or two longer than the French fries). Remove from Oil, and drain on a rack. Allow to cool.
- Increase heat on oil to 375°F. Cook fries in small batches in hot Oil for 2-3 minutes until golden brown and crispy. Drain and dump into a large bowl. While still hot, add Fries Seasoning and toss to coat.
- Serve with a side of Fireball Buffalo Hot Sauce (in a shot glass or ramekin) – or pour over fries if eating and serving immediately. Serve garnished with Carrots, Celery and Crumbled Blue. Also serve with Blue Sabi Dipping Sauce.
- For the Fries Seasoning: Combine ingredients together in a bowl and mix.
- For the Fireball Buffalo Hot Sauce: In a large skillet, add Whiskey and set over medium-high heat. Reduce until syrupy consistency (optional: remove from heat and flambé). Once reduced, reduce heat, remove from heat and carefully add Hot Sauce. Return to heat then add Butter while you whisk. Bring to a simmer and, once thick and Butter has melted, season with Salt and Pepper.
- For the Bleu-Sabi Dipping Sauce: Mix together well in a food processor or with a whisk. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Similar categories: Ingredients Potato Fries Courses & Meals Appetizers, Starters & Snacks Spicy Appetizers Other Side Dishes
Mediterranean Stuffed Peppers with Feta Bechamel
Nasi Goreng (Fried Rice) with Chicken
Orecchiette with Sweet Sausage and Rapini
Lemon Coconut Sugar Cookies
Mushroom and Asparagus Risotto
Fried Green Tomato and Pimento Cheese Pizza
Bacon and Cheddar Pierogies
Spring Chicken Stew
Veggie Fried Rice with Oyster Mushrooms
Salmon Burger with Dill and Cucumber