The mouth-watering fries are so hot, you should probably have a fire extinguisher at the ready.
Spicy Fireball Buffalo Fries
- 4 Russet Potatoes (scrubbed & hand cut into wedges; julienne & waffle fries)
- 1 gallon Cold Water
- 2 tablespoons Distilled White Vinegar
- Canola Oil (for deep frying)
- 2-3 tablespoons Fries Seasoning
- 1/2 cup Fireball Buffalo Hot Sauce
- 1/4 cup Bleu-Sabi Dipping Sauce
- 1/4 cup Julienne Cut Celery & Carrot (for garnish)
- 2-3 tablespoons Crumbled Blue Cheese (for garnish)
- Fries Seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 2 tablespoons Paprika
- 1 tablespoon Garlic Powder
- 1 tablespoon Onion Powder
- 2 teaspoons Seasoned Salt
- 1 teaspoon Super Fine Sugar
- 2-3 turns Freshly ground black pepper
- Fireball Buffalo Hot Sauce
- 1 cup Hot Sauce
- 1/2 cup Cinnamon Whiskey
- 1 stick Unsalted Butter (cut into cubes)
- Kosher Salt & Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Blue-Sabi Dipping Sauce
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 1/2 tablespoon White Wine Vinegar
- 1/8 tablespoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1/8 tablespoon Kosher Salt
- 1/8 tablespoon Tabasco
- pinch Granulated Garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon Worcestershire
- 2 .5 ounces Blue Cheese Crumbles
- 1/4 cup Buttermilk
- 2 tablespoon Wasabi Powder
- Cut the Fries into equal parts French fries, wedges and waffle fries (use a mandolin). Soak in water with Vinegar for 2-3 hours. Drain and pat dry.
- Working in batches, deep fry the fries in 325°F Oil for 6-7 minutes until lightly golden (the waffles and wedges may take a minute or two longer than the French fries). Remove from Oil, and drain on a rack. Allow to cool.
- Increase heat on oil to 375°F. Cook fries in small batches in hot Oil for 2-3 minutes until golden brown and crispy. Drain and dump into a large bowl. While still hot, add Fries Seasoning and toss to coat.
- Serve with a side of Fireball Buffalo Hot Sauce (in a shot glass or ramekin) – or pour over fries if eating and serving immediately. Serve garnished with Carrots, Celery and Crumbled Blue. Also serve with Blue Sabi Dipping Sauce.
- Fries Seasoning:
- Combine ingredients together in a bowl and mix.
- Fireball Buffalo Hot Sauce:
- In a large skillet, add Whiskey and set over medium-high heat. Reduce until syrupy consistency (optional: remove from heat and flambé). Once reduced, reduce heat, remove from heat and carefully add Hot Sauce. Return to heat then add Butter while you whisk. Bring to a simmer and, once thick and Butter has melted, season with Salt and Pepper.
- For Bleu-Sabi Dipping Sauce:
- Mix together well in a food processor or with a whisk. Refrigerate until ready to serve.