This fancied up ketchup goes great with burgers, corn dogs, french fries, and more!
- step-by-step directions
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 small Yellow Onion; minced
- 3 Garlic Cloves; minced
- Kosher Salt
- 5 Fresno Chilies; seeded and minced
- 1 Ancho Chile; seeded and minced
- 1/4 teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 tablespoon Cumin Seeds
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- 1/4 cup Beer
- 1 cup Ketchup
- In a saucepot over medium heat, add the Olive Oil, Onion, and Garlic and a pinch of Salt and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients, and bring to a simmer. Cook gently for an hour, until flavors come together. Strain and let cool. Use immediately or store in a clean glass vessel, covered in the refrigerator, for up to 2 weeks.