Dip your chips or veggies into this dip with a kick!
Spicy Queso Dip
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 small White Onion (very finely diced)
- 1 Red Bell Pepper (finely minced)
- 2 to 3 Jalapenos (minced)
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 1 pound Yellow American Cheese (shredded)
- 8 ounces Pepper Jack Cheese (shredded)
- 1 bunch Cilantro Leaves (chopped)
- Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper
- Tortilla Chips to serve
- Heat the Olive Oil in a pot over medium heat. Add the Onion, Bell Pepper, Jalapeno, and a generous pinch of Salt, cooking until very soft. Add the Cream and bring to a simmer. Add the Cheese, stirring continuously, until it has all melted, and season to taste.
- Garnish with Cilantro and serve with Tortilla Chips. If entertaining, serve in an oven safe bowl or crock that has been warmed in the oven.
Similar categories: Appetizers, Starters & Snacks