Spinach Dip Wreath
A festive twist on this classic appetizer favorite!
- step-by-step directions
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 head garlic
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup cream cheese (softened)
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup parmigiano-reggiano (freshly grated)
- 1 cup marinated artichokes (drained, rinsed, chopped)
- 2 cups frozen spinach (thawed, drained, chopped)
- 2 tablespoons roasted garlic
- 2 packages crescent dough
- 1 egg (beaten, mixed with 1 tablespoon of water)
- hot sauce (to serve)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Trim the top off the head of garlic to expose the tops of the garlic cloves. Drizzle with olive oil over the exposed cloves. Wrap the garlic in aluminum foil and roast in the oven for 40 minutes. Let the garlic cool slightly and press on the bottom of a clove to push it out of its paper. Set aside.
- Decrease the oven temperature to 375ºF.
- In a large bowl, add the mayonnaise, cream cheese, sour cream, parmigiano-reggiano, artichokes, spinach, and garlic and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- On an ungreased baking sheet, arrange the crescent dough triangles in a circle with the points facing out. Overlap some of the triangles, leaving a 6-inch diameter in the center. Spread the spinach dip on top of the base of the triangles, forming a ring and leaving the center empty. Take the pointed end of the crescent dough and bring it up over the filling, pushing slightly underneath to seal. Continue with the remaining pointed ends. Brush the tops of the crescent dough with the egg wash.
- Place in the oven and bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool before slicing and serving. Place a bowl of hot sauce in the center for dipping.
- Tip: Fill the crescent wreath with your favorite dip or make individual stuffed crescent rolls!
Pap's Turkey and Dumpling Soup
Ombre Potato and Root Vegetable Gratin
Quick and Easy Pumpkin Pie
Simple Pumpkin Pie with Graham Cracker Crust
Turkey Pot Pie
Crispy and Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Classic Pumpkin Pie
Deconstructed Vegan Pecan Pie
Fall Roasted Vegetable Medley
Maple Bourbon-Glazed Roasted Turkey
Crispy Potatoes with Pumpkin Hummus