Spinach Salad with Ham Steak and Fried Egg
A quick dish under $5 and made in 5 minutes.
- step-by-step directions
Ham Steaks and Egg:
- 4 7 ounce ham steaks (1/2-inch think)
- 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- 4 eggs
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 4 cups packed baby spinach
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped pistachios
- Drizzle ham steaks with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and put on the grill. Cook until nicely charred, about 3 minutes. Flip the ham and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, put a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add 2 tablespoons of the olive oil to the pan, swirling it to coat the bottom. Add the eggs, season with salt and pepper and cook sunny-side up until the whites are completely set but the yolks are still runny, about 3 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the vinegar, mustard, and remaining 1/4 cup olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Add the spinach, onion, pistachios and toss to coat. Taste and adjust the seasoning, adding salt and pepper as needed.
- Put the ham steaks onto plates, add the spinach salad and top each portion of greens with a fried egg.
- Tip: Put all of these components inside two slices of your favorite bread for a delicious sandwich!
BBQ Pork Dumplings
Spicy Orange Glazed Chicken Thighs with Shaved Carrot Salad
Kandi's Creamed Corn
Classic German Chocolate Cake
Almond Braised Chicken Thighs with Butternut Squash and Brussels Sprouts
Halibut en Papillotte
Cookies and Cream Sweetheart
Linguine with White Clam Sauce
Mardi Gras Baked Alaska