Spinach Salad with Ham Steak and Fried Egg
A quick dish under $5 and made in 5 minutes.
- step-by-step directions
Ham Steaks and Egg:
- 4 7 ounce ham steaks (1/2-inch think)
- 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- 4 eggs
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 4 cups packed baby spinach
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped pistachios
- Drizzle ham steaks with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and put on the grill. Cook until nicely charred, about 3 minutes. Flip the ham and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, put a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add 2 tablespoons of the olive oil to the pan, swirling it to coat the bottom. Add the eggs, season with salt and pepper and cook sunny-side up until the whites are completely set but the yolks are still runny, about 3 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the vinegar, mustard, and remaining 1/4 cup olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Add the spinach, onion, pistachios and toss to coat. Taste and adjust the seasoning, adding salt and pepper as needed.
- Put the ham steaks onto plates, add the spinach salad and top each portion of greens with a fried egg.
- Tip: Put all of these components inside two slices of your favorite bread for a delicious sandwich!
Holiday Gingerbread Cookie
Zabaglione with Berries and Chocolate
Rich Chocolate Bundt Cake with Toasted Almonds
PB&J Cereal French Toast
Everything Bagel Cracker and Spinach Dip
Noodles with Cabbage and Onions
Make-Ahead Beef Bourguignon
Breakfast Carbonara Casserole
Sweet Potato Pierogies
Sugar Cookie Christmas Trees