Healthy is the name of the game with Daphne's nutritious and delicious dish!
Spinach & Squash Hash with Egg Scramble
- 4 links Cooked Turkey Sausage (sliced into coins)
- Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 medium Yellow Onion (small dice)
- 1 Jalapeno (minced)
- 1 1/2 pounds Yellow Squash & Zucchini (small dice)
- 1 Tsp Ground Coriander
- 2 Cups Baby Spinach (thinly sliced)
- Freshly Cracked Black Pepper
- 6 Eggs
- 2 tablespoons Milk
- Parsley Leaves (chopped, to garnish)
- Heat an oiled skillet over medium heat, and sear Sausage on both sides, remove Sausage to a plate.
- In the same skillet, heat a few tablespoons of Olive Oil over medium-high. Add the Onions, seasoning with Salt, and cook until slightly caramelized and golden. Add the Jalapeno and cook for 2 minutes, until soft.
- Toss in the diced Zucchini and sauté for 3-4 minutes or until golden, seasoning with Salt, Pepper, and ground Coriander. Stir in the spinach and keep warm.
- Whisk together the Eggs and milk until slightly frothy. Place a non-stick skillet over medium heat and pour in the Eggs. Use a silicon spatula to stir Eggs as they cook to achieve a fluffy texture. Adjust seasoning to taste with Salt and Pepper.
- Serve Egg scramble on top of hash, garnish with chopped fresh Parsley.