Spooky Squid Pasta
This pasta is extra spooky, just in time for Halloween!
- step-by-step directions
Spooky Squid Pasta
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil (divided)
- 3/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 4 cloves garlic (sliced)
- 2 Serrano chilies (sliced)
- 1 red onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 lemon (zest)
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 pound calamari (cleaned, tubes thinly sliced lengthwise, about 1/4-inch thick)
- 1 pound black spaghetti
- 1/4 cup parsley (chopped for garnish)
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- In a large sauté pan, add 2 tablespoons of oil and place over medium-high heat. When the oil is just smoking, add the breadcrumbs and cook until dark golden brown, stirring frequently. Remove breadcrumbs to a bowl and set aside. Wipe out the pan.
- In the clean large sauté pan, add 1/4 cup of oil and place over medium-high heat. Add the garlic, Serrano’s, onion and lemon zest, and cook until just caramelized, about 4-5 minutes. Add the wine, bring to a boil, then lower heat to a simmer and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add calamari to the pan, season with salt and pepper and stir to combine. Remove from heat and set aside.
- To the boiling water, add the pasta and cook 1 minute less than package instructions. Drain the cooked spaghetti and add to the pan with the calamari. Add the parsley, place over medium-high heat and sauté for 30 seconds until beautifully mixed.
- Serve pasta on a platter and drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil. Serve toasted breadcrumbs on top.
Similar categories: Ingredients Fish & Seafood Other Fish Pasta Spaghetti Courses & Meals Dinner Pizza & Pasta Holidays & Occasions Halloween
Skordalia and Roasted Beets
Rock Shrimp and Egg Sandwich
Apple Tarte Tatin
Buttermilk Semifreddo with Candied Peaches
Cast-Iron Blueberry Cobbler
Green Chicken Enchiladas
Savory Breakfast Cauliflower Bake
Sausage Gravy and Bacon Biscuits
Italian Egg Boat
Waffle Pies with Herbed Eggs
Chai Tea Oatmeal