Spring Pea Hummus
Make this delicious hummus with a spring twist!
- step-by-step directions
Spring Pea Hummus
- 2 cups fresh spring peas (shelled)
- 1/4 cup ramps (root end trimmed)
- 1/2 cup parsley (roughly chopped)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 3/4 cup olive oil (plus 1/4 cup)
- 1 baguette (sliced ¾-inch thick)
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- Bring a pot of salted water to a rolling boil. Add the peas and cook for 1-2 minutes, until just tender. Remove to an ice water bath to cool then drain and pat dry.
- Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium-high heat. Place the ramps on the grill. Season with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil.
- To the bowl of a food processor, add the parsley and pulse to finely chop. Add the blanched peas, grilled ramps, lemon juice and tahini. Season with salt then begin to puree until the peas break down. Stream in 3/4 cup of olive oil and continue to puree until smooth. Check for seasoning, adding more salt or lemon if needed. Cover and chill until ready to use.
- Meanwhile, liberally brush the sliced baguette on both sides with remaining olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Grill until nicely charred, soft and warm, about 1 minute per side.
- Serve the hummus alongside the grilled bread.
- The longer the hummus sits, the better the flavor.
- Instead of peas, try the hummus with fava beans!
- If you can't find fresh peas, use frozen and thawed.
Similar categories: Courses & Meals Appetizers, Starters & Snacks Vegetable Appetizers Dips and Spreads
Molasses Glazed Ham with Sweet Potato Buttermilk Biscuits
Chocolate Peppermint Marshmallows
Peppermint Chocolate Torte
Fried Meatballs Stuffed with Mozzarella
Gingerbread Man Cookie Sandwiches
Perfectly Spiced Roast Chicken
Classic Holiday Brisket
5 Ingredient Crinkle Cookies
Polenta with Sausage Ragu and Fresh Mozzarella