Take two classic breakfast foods and make them pop by combining them in this easy to make dish!
Steak & Eggs Benedict
- 1 Baguette; sliced 1/2-inch thick at a bias; toasted
- 16 ounce Strip Steak
- 8 large Eggs
- Freshly Cracked Black Pepper
- Unsalted Butter
- Blender Hollandaise
- 8 Egg Yolks
- 4 tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- Dash Hot Sauce
- 1 cup Unsalted Butter; melted
- White Pepper
- Heat a grill or cast iron skillet over medium-high.
- Season steak aggressively with Salt and Pepper. Oil steak lightly then place on the grill. Cook for 3-4 minutes per side, turning once, or until charred on both sides and medium-rare. Remove from grill and allow to rest for a few minutes before slicing.
- In a non-stick skillet, melt a few tablespoons of Butter over medium heat. Once the foam subsides, crack a few Eggs into the pan, making sure not to overcrowd. Cook for 3-4 minutes until the Whites are set and the yolk is bright and glossy. Remove from pan and cook remaining Eggs, adding more butter as needed.
- Place a few slices of Steak on each Baguette slice, top with a Fried Egg and a drizzle of Hollandaise.
- For Blender Hollandaise: In a blender, add the Lemon Juice, Egg Yolks, and dash of Hot Sauce. Remove the center section of the blender lid and with the blender on its lowest setting, blend for 20 seconds and add the Butter, pouring it into the blender in a very thin stream. Once incorporated, season with White pepper.