Carla's quesadilla is the perfect vehicle to use up your leftover steak!
Steak Quesadilla with Salsa Verde
- 4 Flour Tortillas
- Leftover Grilled Steak Slices
- 1/2 cup Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
- 1/2 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1/3 cup Salsa Verde
- Kosher Salt
- Michael Symon's Roasted Garlic Spread
- Vegetable Oil (for drizzling)
- Guacamole (to serve)
- Sour Cream (to serve)
- Salsa Verde
- 5 Tomatillos (husked & cored)
- 1 Jalapeno (chopped)
- 1/4 cup Onion (chopped)
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- Juice of 1 Lime
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/3 cup Cilantro (roughly chopped)
- Preheat a cast iron skillet over medium.
- Build the Quesadillas by layering the Cheeses, Steak, & Salsa Verde on a Tortilla and topping with another Tortilla. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Drizzle with Vegetable Oil and Roasted Garlic Spread.
- Sprinkle Salt in the cast iron to lightly coat. Place a Quesadilla in the pan and cook until crispy and golden on the first side. Flip and cook until crisp on the second side.
- Remove from pan and allow to cool slightly before cutting in to triangles. Cook the remaining Quesadilla using the same method.
- Serve warm with Guacamole and Sour Cream.
Similar categories: Ingredients Beef Steaks Courses & Meals Dinner Quick & Easy Beef Lunch Quick & Easy Lunches Techniques BBQ & Grilling Grilled Beef Cuisine Mexican