Stout Ice cream
What could be better than beer and ice cream?!
- step-by-step directions
Stout Ice cream
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate (finely chopped)
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1 cup sugar
- a pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup stout beer
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat combine the milk and cream and cook stirring occasionally until the mixture reaches 170ºF. Remove from heat and whisk in the cocoa powder and chocolate until fully combined. Set aside.
- In a large glass bowl, whisk together the egg yolks and sugar until pale yellow in color. Slowing temper in the chocolate mixture whisking constantly. Return the custard to the saucepan and heat, stirring occasionally until the mixture thickens to coat the back of a wooden spoon.
- Pour the mixture through a fine mesh strainer into a large glass bowl set over an ice bath. Stir the mixture occasionally until cooled. Add the salt, vanilla extract and stout and mix to incorporate. Cover and transfer to the refrigerator until very cold 6 hours to overnight.
- Once cooled, pour the mixture into the container of an ice cream machine and churn according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Transfer the soft ice cream to a container and freeze until solid, at least 2 hours. Serve.
rate this recipe
Chicken Cordon Bleu
Pressure Cooker Pulled Pork Sandwiches
Greek Pasta Salad
Cheesy Garlic Donuts
Red Wine Salted Popcorn
Chocolate Baseball Extravaganza
Gazpacho Bloody Mary
Thai Fried Shrimp Cakes with Sweet Chili Sauce
Fried Peach Hand-Pies
Taco Grilled Cheese
Lemon Tendercake with Blueberry Compote
Bacon Wrapped Grilled Cheese