This strawberry pie is sweet & delicious!
- step-by-step directions
- 1 recipe Carla's Perfect Pie Crust
- 1 cup water
- 3 packets unflavored gelatin
- 1 jar strawberry jam (12 ounces)
- 3 pounds fresh strawberries (hulled and quartered)
- 1 lemon (zested and juiced)
Whipped Sour Cream Topping
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream (chilled)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup sour cream (chilled)
- mint (to garnish)
- For the Pie Crust: preheat oven to 350ºF.
- On a floured surface, roll the pie crust to an 11-inch circle. Fold the pie crust under and crimp the edges. Trim any remaining pie crust. Prick dough with the prongs of a fork. Line the pie crust with parchment paper and place baking beans in the parchment. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the pie crust is golden. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- For the Filling: in a medium bowl, add the gelatin to cold water. Let sit for 5 minutes. In a saucepan, warm the jam. In a large bowl, combine gelatin with warm jam. Then, add the strawberries, lemon juice and zest and mix to combine. Pour into the pie crust and smooth. Turn strawberries so the red sides are facing out. Place in the refrigerator and allow to set for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- Whipped Sour Cream Topping: in the bowl of a stand mixer or using a whisk by hand, whip the heavy cream to soft peaks. Add the sugar and whisk to form stiff peaks. Fold in sour cream to combine.
- Serve a slice of pie with a dollop of whipped sour cream topping. Garnish with a sprig of mint and tell mom you love her!
- Use a sharp knife when cutting the pie.
- Let chill overnight to ensure that the pie holds up!
Chicken Kabobs with Greek Village Salad
Grilled Grouper with Key Lime Mango Salsa
Leftover Meat 'n' Potato Ravioli
Spicy Roasted Head of Cauliflower
Grilled Shrimp with Bacon Jam
Tropical Grilled Shrimp Salad
Capri-Style Vegetable Salad
Grilled Calamari Chopped Salad with Chickpeas, Olives & Salami
Grilled Swordfish With Mojo
Stephen Smith's Meaty Cheesy Lasagna
Fried Chicken Sandwich with Brussels Sprouts Slaw