Update your favorite summertime dessert into a frozen treat that you can eat on a stick
Strawberry Shortcake Ice Cream Bars
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 1/2 cup Milk Powder
- 1/4 cup Confectioners' Sugar
- 2 teaspoon Cornstarch
- 1/2 cup Freeze Dried Strawberries
- pinch Salt
- 4 tablespoon Butter (melted)
- 2 pints Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
- 1/2 pint Strawberry Sorbet
- Spray an 8x8 baking dish with Cooking Spray then line it with wax paper. Set aside. Remove the Ice Cream and Sorbet from the freezer to soften.
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine the Flour, Milk Powder, Confectioners' Sugar, Cornstarch, Strawberries and Salt. Pulse a few times to mix the ingredients and break up the Strawberries in to smaller pieces. Next add the melted Butter and continue to pulse until small crumbs form. Sprinkle a third of the mixture in to the bottom of the prepared 8x8. Set aside.
- When the Ice Cream has softened (you can put it in to a mixing bowl and work it with a spatula) spread one of the pints in to the bottom of the pan in an even layer, over the crumbs. Next, spread the Sorbet over the top followed by the other pint of Ice Cream.
- Sprinkle another third of the crumb mixture over the top and place in the freezer for 4 hours or overnight.
- Un-mold the Ice Cream and peel the wax paper. Cut into rectangles and stick a popsicle stick into each one. Dust the sides with the remaining crumb and place back in the freezer for 30 minutes to set, and enjoy.