Stuffed Hash Browns
These hash browns are so packed full of ingredients, it hardly qualifies as a side dish!
- step-by-step directions
Stuffed Hash Browns
- 3 pounds Russet Potatoes (cleaned & grated)
- Olive Oil
- 1/2 Red Bell Pepper (diced)
- 1/2 Yellow Onions (diced)
- Red Chili Flakes (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon Dried Thyme
- 1/3 cup Hidden Valley Original Ranch Dressing
- 1/3 cup Grated Monterey Jack Cheese
- 2 tablespoons Unsalted Buttered
- 4 Eggs (whisked)
- Freshly Cracked Black Pepper
- Thinly Sliced Scallions (to garnish)
- Hot Sauce (optional)
- Place grated Potatoes in a clean kitchen towel and ring out to remove excess moisture.
- Heat a large oven-safe sauté pan over medium-high. Add a few tablespoons of Olive Oil and toss in the Onions and Peppers. Season with Salt and Pepper and sauté until softened, about 3-4 minutes. Add the dried Spices and cook just until fragrant, about 20 seconds.
- Remove to a bowl, and stir the dressing into the Pepper and Onion mixture sprinkle in the Cheese.
- Return pan to heat. Add a few tablespoons of Olive Oil and put the first half of the Potatoes in the pan, then add the Peppers and Onion mixture and Cheese in the middle, leaving at least an inch border around. Top with the remaining Potatoes. Tuck the Potatoes around the edges of the pan. More Oil may be needed. Continue to tuck the edges around the pan until the Potatoes look like a disc. Once the Potatoes are browned and crispy on the bottom, prepare to flip the pan. (Drain the Oil first, if necessary.) Place another pan of the same size on top, then flip. Continue to cook the Potatoes in the second pan until they are brown and crispy. Slip the Potatoes out of the pan and cut into wedges.
NOTE: a smaller pan may be necessary to create a thick enough disc. Try using a 7" pan. It's also easier to flip.
- Meanwhile heat a small non-stick skillet with 1-2 tablespoons of Butter. Pour in the whisked Eggs and begin to stir as the edges cook. Use your spatula to stir the Eggs until mostly cooked through. Season with Salt and Pepper. Remove from heat before fully cooked as the Eggs with finish cooking with the residual heat.
- Serve the hash brown with a side of scrambled Eggs. Garnish with Scallions and Hot Sauce, if desired.
- Helpful Tips:
1. Put the shredded Potatoes in a towel and ring them out to remove the excess water.
2. Adding the great taste of hidden valley original ranch dressing transforms even the simplest breakfast classic into something new and delicious!
3. After the Potato is placed in the skillet be sure to tuck the Eggs and pat down as it cooks.
4. To flip the dish, place a skillet of equal size upside down on top of the skillet with the recipe inside and then flip.
Similar categories: Ingredients Potato Courses & Meals Breakfast & Brunch Hidden Valley Ranch Recipes Other Side Dishes
Mediterranean Stuffed Peppers with Feta Bechamel
Nasi Goreng (Fried Rice) with Chicken
Orecchiette with Sweet Sausage and Rapini
Lemon Coconut Sugar Cookies
Mushroom and Asparagus Risotto
Fried Green Tomato and Pimento Cheese Pizza
Bacon and Cheddar Pierogies
Spring Chicken Stew
Veggie Fried Rice with Oyster Mushrooms
Salmon Burger with Dill and Cucumber