Stuff yo' face with these wings and your choice of 4 dipping sauces.
Stuffed Hot Wings
- 12 large Chicken Wings (tips attached)
- 1/4 cup Chopped Scallions
- 1 bunch Thai Basil (chiffonade)
- 1/4 cup Hearts of Palm (finely chopped; may substitute Belgian endive)
- 1/4 cup Finely Chopped Raw Shrimp
- 1/4 cup Finely Chopped Fresh Cilantro
- 2 ounces Dried Tree Ear Mushrooms or Button Mushrooms
- 1 pound Ground Pork Shoulder
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Fish Sauce (to taste)
- 1 1/2 cups All-Purpose Flour (for dredging)
- Dipping Sauce
- 1/4 cup Sriracha
- 1/4 cup Sweet Mushroom Soy Sauce
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/4 cup Rice Wine Vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place the dried Mushrooms in a bowl and cover with boiling water. Allow the Mushrooms to rehydrate for 5 minutes. Drain off liquid and discard.
- Prep the Chicken Wings - remove drumette and butterfly open the middle arm to remove bones, leaving the Wing tip intact; put aside. Your butcher can do this; ask them to "sleeve bone" the Wings.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the Scallions, Basil, Hearts of Palm or Endive, Shrimp, Cilantro, Mushrooms and Pork, and season with Fish Sauce, Salt and Pepper. Transfer mixture to a piping bag.
- Stuff the Chicken Wings with Pork and Shrimp mixture.
- Arrange the Chicken Wings on a rimmed baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes, and then allow to cool.
- Season the dredging Flour with Cayenne, and then lightly dredge the Wings. Place the Wings in the fridge to chill for 5 minutes.
- Heat Oil over medium heat. Add Chicken Wings and deep fry for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk together the sauce ingredients.
- Remove the Wings from the deep fryer to a paper towel lined plate to blot.
- Serve Wings hot with dipping sauce.
Similar categories: Ingredients Chicken & Poultry Spicy Chicken Dishes Chicken Wings Courses & Meals Appetizers, Starters & Snacks Spicy Appetizers