Stuffed Hot Wings
Stuff yo' face with these wings and your choice of 4 dipping sauces.
- step-by-step directions
Stuffed Hot Wings
- 12 large Chicken Wings (tips attached)
- 1/4 cup Chopped Scallions
- 1 bunch Thai Basil (chiffonade)
- 1/4 cup Hearts of Palm (finely chopped; may substitute Belgian endive)
- 1/4 cup Finely Chopped Raw Shrimp
- 1/4 cup Finely Chopped Fresh Cilantro
- 2 ounces Dried Tree Ear Mushrooms or Button Mushrooms
- 1 pound Ground Pork Shoulder
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Fish Sauce (to taste)
- 1 1/2 cups All-Purpose Flour (for dredging)
- Dipping Sauce
- 1/4 cup Sriracha
- 1/4 cup Sweet Mushroom Soy Sauce
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/4 cup Rice Wine Vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place the dried Mushrooms in a bowl and cover with boiling water. Allow the Mushrooms to rehydrate for 5 minutes. Drain off liquid and discard.
- Prep the Chicken Wings - remove drumette and butterfly open the middle arm to remove bones, leaving the Wing tip intact; put aside. Your butcher can do this; ask them to "sleeve bone" the Wings.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the Scallions, Basil, Hearts of Palm or Endive, Shrimp, Cilantro, Mushrooms and Pork, and season with Fish Sauce, Salt and Pepper. Transfer mixture to a piping bag.
- Stuff the Chicken Wings with Pork and Shrimp mixture.
- Arrange the Chicken Wings on a rimmed baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes, and then allow to cool.
- Season the dredging Flour with Cayenne, and then lightly dredge the Wings. Place the Wings in the fridge to chill for 5 minutes.
- Heat Oil over medium heat. Add Chicken Wings and deep fry for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk together the sauce ingredients.
- Remove the Wings from the deep fryer to a paper towel lined plate to blot.
- Serve Wings hot with dipping sauce.
Similar categories: Ingredients Chicken & Poultry Spicy Chicken Dishes Chicken Wings Courses & Meals Appetizers, Starters & Snacks Spicy Appetizers
Mediterranean Stuffed Peppers with Feta Bechamel
Nasi Goreng (Fried Rice) with Chicken
Orecchiette with Sweet Sausage and Rapini
Lemon Coconut Sugar Cookies
Mushroom and Asparagus Risotto
Fried Green Tomato and Pimento Cheese Pizza
Bacon and Cheddar Pierogies
Spring Chicken Stew
Veggie Fried Rice with Oyster Mushrooms
Salmon Burger with Dill and Cucumber