Stuffed Pork Chops
Better than stuffed turkey, Michael's dish is sure to become a staple in your home!
- step-by-step directions
Stuffed Pork Chops
- 4 inch- thick Pork Chops
- Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Butter plus 4 tablespoons for basting
- Kosher Salt
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1 small Yellow Onion (diced)
- 1 Granny Smith Apple (peeled & small diced)
- 1/4 cup Golden Raisins
- 3 tablespoons Pine Nuts
- 2 tablespoons Chopped Fresh Parsley plus 2 tablespoons reserved chopped Parsley
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- 2 tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar (or to taste)
- 2 Lemons (halved)
- Preheat your oven to 375°F.
- Prepare your Pork Chops by making an incision in to one side and creating a pocket in the center. Set them aside.
- Place a sauté pan over medium-high heat. When the pan is hot add the 2 tablespoons Butter, followed by the Onion with a pinch of Salt. Cook, stirring occasionally until the Onions begin to soften. Next, add the Apples, Raisins and Pine Nuts and season with Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper. Cook for another 5-8 minutes, until everything begins to tenderize and break down and the Pine Nuts begin to toast. Finish with the Parsley, Honey and Apple Cider Vinegar. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
- Place a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat.
- While the pan is heating, stuff your Pork Chops. Spoon some of the cooled filling mixture into the pockets you made in each of the Chops. After all of the Chops are filled, season them on both sides with Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper.
- Add a good drizzle of Olive Oil to your preheated pan. Carefully add the Chops and cook, without moving, until deeply browned on one side. Gently flip the Chops over and deeply brown the second side. Place the Lemon halves cut-side-down in the pan and cook until deeply caramelized. Raise the heat to high and add the remaining Butter. Once the Butter foams, begin to spoon the foaming Butter over the Chops to baste and finish cooking. Add in the reserved Chopped Parsley.
- Remove Chops from pan and spoon the sauce all over. Serve with charred Lemon.
Cannelloni al Forno
Skordalia and Roasted Beets
Rock Shrimp and Egg Sandwich
Apple Tarte Tatin
Buttermilk Semifreddo with Candied Peaches
Cast-Iron Blueberry Cobbler
Green Chicken Enchiladas
Savory Breakfast Cauliflower Bake
Sausage Gravy and Bacon Biscuits
Italian Egg Boat
Waffle Pies with Herbed Eggs