This salad is a light & refreshing addition to your lunch or dinner!
- step-by-step directions
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen lima beans
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 large sweet onion (peeled and chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (thinly sliced)
- 6 ears corn (kernels removed)
- 1 pint grape tomatoes (quartered)
- 1/4 cup basil (thinly sliced)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice & zest
- 1/4 cup feta cheese (crumbled)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a medium pot of boiling water, blanch the lima beans until almost tender and shock in ice water. Drain and set aside.
- In a medium sauté pan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic and corn season with salt. Cook until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Turn the heat to medium-low, add the beans and cook for 1 minute until tender but still crisp. Remove from heat. Add the tomatoes, basil, lemon juice and zest, and mix to combine. Transfer salad to platter and top with feta.
- Helpful tip: if using frozen corn, blanch before adding to salad.
California Veggie Burger
Spaghetti Squash Latkes
Apple Cider Donuts
Spiced Turkey Meatloaf
Kielbasa with Beer and Onions
Baked Orzo with Turkey Meatballs
Vegan Pumpkin Banana Muffins
Cobb Salad Baked Potato
Jamaican Curry Patties
Sweet Potato, Corn and Wild Rice Enchiladas
Hardy's Hearty Lasagna