This salad is a light & refreshing addition to your lunch or dinner!
- step-by-step directions
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen lima beans
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 large sweet onion (peeled and chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (thinly sliced)
- 6 ears corn (kernels removed)
- 1 pint grape tomatoes (quartered)
- 1/4 cup basil (thinly sliced)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice & zest
- 1/4 cup feta cheese (crumbled)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a medium pot of boiling water, blanch the lima beans until almost tender and shock in ice water. Drain and set aside.
- In a medium sauté pan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic and corn season with salt. Cook until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Turn the heat to medium-low, add the beans and cook for 1 minute until tender but still crisp. Remove from heat. Add the tomatoes, basil, lemon juice and zest, and mix to combine. Transfer salad to platter and top with feta.
- Helpful tip: if using frozen corn, blanch before adding to salad.
Deconstructed Vegan Pecan Pie
Fall Roasted Vegetable Medley
Maple Bourbon-Glazed Roasted Turkey
Crispy Potatoes with Pumpkin Hummus
Sweet Potato Croquettes
Bubble and Squeak with Poached Eggs and Mixed Greens Salad
Bacon Lattice Wrapped Turkey
Greek-Style Spatchcock Turkey
Pumpkin Angel Food Cake with Caramel Sauce
Puff Pastry Almond Snowflakes
Pear Pie Spring Rolls