Make this sunshine bowl for a refreshing lunch!
- step-by-step directions
- Pesto Vinaigrette
- 1 cups parsley leaves
- 1 1/2 cups basil leaves
- 3 cloves garlic (peeled)
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1 lemon (zested and juiced)
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- kosher salt and freshly ground lack pepper (to taste)
- 1 container baby spinach (5 ounces)
- 1 container baby arugula (5 ounces)
- 1 rotisserie chicken (store-bought, shredded)
- 1 cup red quinoa (rinsed)
- 2 cups snap peas (cleaned, cut in 1/2-inch pieces)
- 2 cans chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- 2 red peppers (seeded and thinly sliced)
- 1 cup shaved parmesan
- For the Pesto Vinaigrette: in the bowl of a food processor add the parsley, basil, garlic, lemon peel and lemon zest and pulse almost finely chopped. With the machine running, add the olive oil in a steady stream until combined. Season with Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- For the Quinoa: combine the quinoa and 2 cups of water in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer until tender, about 15 minutes. Remove lid and fluff with a fork. Allow to cool to room temperature.
- To Serve: between 4 large salad bowls divide the spinach, arugula, chicken, quinoa, snap peas, chickpeas and red peppers in individual sections. Top with shaved parmesan and a healthy drizzle of pesto vinaigrette. Serve.
- Helpful Tip: clean parsley under cold water and dry in salad spinner for easy cleaning.
Similar categories: Ingredients Vegetables Chicken & Poultry Courses & Meals Lunch Lunch Salads Quick & Easy Lunches
Mexican Street Corn Salad
Black Bean Dip with Spiced Pita Chips
Roasted Pickled Pepper Hero
Peach Cobbler with Raspberry Coulis
Havarti and Horseradish Stovetop Mac and Cheese
Spicy Honey Dijon Coleslaw
Spice-Rubbed Smoked Chicken
Pineapple Teriyaki Chicken Meatballs
Banana Split Ice Cream Cupcake Bar
T-Bone Steak with Green Bean Salad
Ginger Cinnamon Funnel Cakes