Make this sunshine bowl for a refreshing lunch!
- step-by-step directions
- Pesto Vinaigrette
- 1 cups parsley leaves
- 1 1/2 cups basil leaves
- 3 cloves garlic (peeled)
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1 lemon (zested and juiced)
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- kosher salt and freshly ground lack pepper (to taste)
- 1 container baby spinach (5 ounces)
- 1 container baby arugula (5 ounces)
- 1 rotisserie chicken (store-bought, shredded)
- 1 cup red quinoa (rinsed)
- 2 cups snap peas (cleaned, cut in 1/2-inch pieces)
- 2 cans chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- 2 red peppers (seeded and thinly sliced)
- 1 cup shaved parmesan
- For the Pesto Vinaigrette: in the bowl of a food processor add the parsley, basil, garlic, lemon peel and lemon zest and pulse almost finely chopped. With the machine running, add the olive oil in a steady stream until combined. Season with Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- For the Quinoa: combine the quinoa and 2 cups of water in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer until tender, about 15 minutes. Remove lid and fluff with a fork. Allow to cool to room temperature.
- To Serve: between 4 large salad bowls divide the spinach, arugula, chicken, quinoa, snap peas, chickpeas and red peppers in individual sections. Top with shaved parmesan and a healthy drizzle of pesto vinaigrette. Serve.
- Helpful Tip: clean parsley under cold water and dry in salad spinner for easy cleaning.
Similar categories: Ingredients Vegetables Chicken & Poultry Courses & Meals Lunch Lunch Salads Quick & Easy Lunches
Cannelloni al Forno
Skordalia and Roasted Beets
Rock Shrimp and Egg Sandwich
Apple Tarte Tatin
Buttermilk Semifreddo with Candied Peaches
Cast-Iron Blueberry Cobbler
Green Chicken Enchiladas
Savory Breakfast Cauliflower Bake
Sausage Gravy and Bacon Biscuits
Italian Egg Boat