This chili is great before, during and even after the big game.
Super Bowl?? Chili by Michael Symon
- 2 pound Ground Chicken
- Olive Oil
- Salt to Taste
- 2 cup Onion (small diced)
- 3 Cloves Garlic (minced)
- 2 Serrano Chiles (sliced into thin rings)
- 1 tablespoon Smoked Paprika
- 2 tablespoon Chili Powder
- 2 tablespoon Coriander (toasted and ground)
- 1 tablespoon Cumin (toasted and ground)
- 1 teaspoon Cayenne
- 12 ounce (One Bottle) Beer -- an IPA if possible
- 14 1/2 ounce Can Petite Diced Tomatoes
- 15 ounce Can Cannellini Beans (drained and rinsed)
- 15 ounce Can Red Kidney Beans (drained and rinsed)
- 2 tablespoon Brown Sugar
- 2 teaspoon Cocoa Powder
- 2 cup Water + 2 tablespoon
- 2 tablespoon Corn starch
- 7 ounce Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 cup Cilantro Leaves (chopped)
- Chipotle hot sauce to taste
- Heat a large Dutch oven over medium high heat and add 3 tablespoons of the olive oil. When the oil is hot, add the ground chicken with a large pinch of salt and brown on all sides, breaking up the meat into smaller pieces as it cooks. Remove with a slotted spoon to a plate and set aside.
- Drain the fat from the pot, then place back over the heat and add 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Reduce the heat to medium, and add the onion, garlic and Serrano with a small pinch of salt. Let the vegetables sweat for a few minutes, then add all of your spices. Toast them for about 30 seconds, being careful not to burn them.
- Next add the bottle of beer, making sure to scrape the bottom of the pot well. Add the meat back in along with the, tomatoes and both beans.
- Stir in the brown sugar, cocoa powder and 2 cups of water, and reduce the heat to low. Season with some more salt and hot sauce to taste, and simmer stirring occasionally for 2 hours.
- In the meantime, make the garnish by mixing together the yogurt and cilantro with a pinch of salt. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- After 2 hours, if the chili looks a little loose, thicken it by mixing together the cornstarch and 2 tablespoons of water, then stirring it in when the chili is at a gentle boil.
- To serve, ladle some of the chili into bowls, garnishing with a big dollop of the yogurt.