This appetizer goes perfectly with football. Give it a try this weekend.
Asian-Style Turkey Meatballs
- For the Meatballs:
- 1 pound Ground turkey
- 2 Scallions (finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup Cilantro (finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon Sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon Coconut oil
- 2 tablespoon Low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup Dry and whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1 Egg (lightly beaten)
- For the Sauce:
- 1/4 cup Brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Rice vinegar
- 3 Slices Fresh ginger (smashed)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix together the ingredients, season with salt and pepper. Form small meatballs by rolling a spoonful of the mixture between your palms.
- Arrange on a parchment lined cookie sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes, until browned and cooked through. Serve with toothpicks for dipping.
- To make sauce, heat soy sauce and vinegar in a small pot over med-low heat. Slowly add brown sugar and cook until it has dissolved.
- Add ginger and simmer 3 minutes, stirring frequently, until the sauce begins to thicken. Serve with the meatballs.