This appetizer goes perfectly with football. Give it a try this weekend.
Asian-Style Turkey Meatballs
- 1 pound Ground turkey
- 2 scallions (finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup cilantro (finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup dry, whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1 egg (lightly beaten)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 slices fresh ginger (smashed)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix together the ingredients, season with salt and pepper. Form small meatballs by rolling a spoonful of the mixture between your palms.
- Arrange on a parchment lined cookie sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes, until browned and cooked through. Serve with toothpicks for dipping.
- To make sauce, heat soy sauce and vinegar in a small pot over med-low heat. Slowly add brown sugar and cook until it has dissolved.
- Add ginger and simmer 3 minutes, stirring frequently, until the sauce begins to thicken. Serve with the meatballs.