A bite-sized favorite!
Daphne Oz's Stuffed Mushrooms
- 20 Button mushrooms (scrubbed clean and stems separated)
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 2 tablespoon Minced shallots
- 1 Large garlic clove (minced)
- 2 tablespoon Chopped almonds
- 3 tablespoon Chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon Herbes de Provence or dried thyme
- 2 tablespoon Whole wheat breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoon Vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoon Olive oil
- 2 tablespoon Grated pecorino cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Finely chop mushroom stems. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a small frying pan over medium-high heat. Saute the chopped mushroom stems and the shallots for 4-5 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the garlic and almonds and sprinkle with salt. Stir well and sauté 2 more minutes. Turn off the heat and add the parsley, herbes de Provence and whole wheat breadcrumbs.
- Pour the vegetable stock into a food processor, then the rest of the stuffing. Pulse several times to get a fine mixture, almost a paste.
- Toss the mushroom caps with olive oil. Fill each mushroom with the stuffing. Sprinkle grated pecorino cheese over each mushroom and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the cheese browns a little. Allow to cool for 5 minutes or so before serving.