Tickle your taste buds with this astonishing sweet treat
Sweet and Salty Caramel Sundae
- 2 pints Vanilla Ice Cream
- Caramel Sauce
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 6 tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 2 teaspoons Kosher Salt
- Candied Pecans
- 2 Egg Whites
- 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 cup Packed Light Brown Sugar
- pinch Salt
- 2 cups Pecan Halves
- Chocolate Ganache
- 1 cup Chopped Dark Chocolate
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- Brûlée'd Bananas
- 2 Bananas (sliced)
- 1/4 cup Turbinado Sugar
- To Make the Sundae:
- Scoop Vanilla Ice Cream in sundae glasses or bowls, and drizzle with Caramel Sauce, Candied Pecans, Chocolate Ganache, and Brûlée'd Bananas as desired.
- For the Salted Caramel Sauce:
- Heat Sugar on moderately high heat in a heavy-bottomed 3-quart saucepan. As soon as the sugar begins to melt, stir vigorously with a whisk or wooden spoon. As soon as the Sugar comes to a boil, stop stirring.
- As soon as the Sugar crystals have melted (and the Sugar is dark amber in color), immediately add the Butter to the pan. Whisk until the Butter has melted, then remove from heat.
- Slowly add the Sour Cream and continue to whisk to incorporate. Add the Salt. Whisk until the Caramel is smooth. Let cool in pan for a couple of minutes before pouring it into a mason jar. Let cool to room temperature. Store in fridge for up to 2 weeks. Warm before serving.
- For the Candied Pecans:
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Beat the Egg Whites to stiff peaks in a large bowl. In another bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients together except for the Pecans. Whisk the spice mixture into the Whites, and whip slightly, until evenly distributed. Add the Pecans and fold until coated.
- Spread the nuts on a parchment lined sheet pan in an even layer, and bake until golden brown, about 35-40 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Cool the sheet pan on a wire rack, once the nuts have cooled completely, transfer to an airtight container.
- For the Chocolate Ganache:
- Place the chopped Chocolate in a large bowl. Bring the Cream to just under a boil, pour over the Chocolate, and then whisk together.
- For the Brûlée'd Bananas:
- Arrange the Bananas on a sheet pan. Sprinkle the Sugar over the Banana slices. Using a torch, carefully brûlée the Sugar until golden brown.
Similar categories: Desserts