Plain peanuts are such a bore...there's no reason not to spice up everybody's favorite bar snack!
Sweet and Salty Cocktail Nuts
- 1 pound mixed nuts (toasted Almonds; Pecans; Cashews)
- 3 Egg Whites; beaten
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Freshly Grated Nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon Cardamom
- 1 tablespoon Kosher Salt
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Prepare baking sheet with parchment paper or a nonstick silt pat. Spray with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, whisk together Sugars, Salt and Spices. Set aside. In a medium bowl whip Egg Whites until frothy. Add toasted Nut mix to the Egg Whites and stir to combine. Add the Sugar and Spice Mixture to the Nuts and stir to combine.
- Spread the Nut mixture out onto the prepared baking sheet in an even layer. Bake for 30 miNutes, stirring the Nuts every so often. Remove Nuts and let cool. Break up the cooled Nuts and serve.