Sweet & Savory Brie Tart
A perfect appetizer, side dish, or even dessert for your Thanksgiving table!
- step-by-step directions
Sweet & Savory Brie Tart
- 1 store-bought piecrust
- 2 cups French bread (cut into 1-inch cubes)
- 1 Granny Smith apple (peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes)
- 1/2 cup dates (pitted and chopped)
- 1/4 cup walnuts (roughly chopped)
- 1/2 stick butter (melted, 1/4 cup)
- 2 tablespoons Sauvignon Blanc (plus more to serve)
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 1 jar apricot preserves (about 13 ounces)
- 1 wheel brie (8 ounces, 1/4-inch slices)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- On a lightly floured work surface, lay out one piece of dough. Lightly flour both sides of the dough and the rolling pin. Lightly roll out the dough to an 12-inch circle. Transfer to 11-inch tart pan. Press the dough into the bottom and sides. Press the rolling pin over the top of the tart pan to cut away the excess dough. Prick the dough all over the bottom and sides with a fork. Transfer tart pan to a baking sheet and place in the freezer for about 15 minutes.
- Remove tart pan from the freezer. Lay a sheet of parchment paper on top and fill the tart shell with dried beans. Place in the oven to blind bake until light golden, about 12 minutes. Remove the beans and bake for an additional 10 minutes until light golden.
- To a large bowl, add the bread, apples, dates, walnuts, melted butter, wine, thyme, salt and pepper. Toss to combine and set aside.
- To the cooled tart shell, add half of the apricot preserves and spread into an even layer. Pour the bread-apple mixture into the tart shell and spread into an even layer. On top, arrange the brie in a circular fan shape. To the remaining apricot preserves, add 2 tablespoons of water, and stir to combine. Using a pastry brush, coat the top of the tart with the preserves mixture.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the top of the tart and the crust is golden brown. Remove and allow to cool before serving.
- Serve a piece of tart with a glass of chilled Sauvignon Blanc.
- Helpful Tip: serve the tart as a cheese course after dinner or as an appetizer!
Similar categories: Ingredients Fruit Apples Courses & Meals Appetizers, Starters & Snacks Cheese Appetizers Desserts Holidays & Occasions Thanksgiving Thanksgiving Sides Thanksgiving Appetizers Thanksgiving Desserts Other Side Dishes
Skordalia and Roasted Beets
Rock Shrimp and Egg Sandwich
Apple Tarte Tatin
Buttermilk Semifreddo with Candied Peaches
Cast-Iron Blueberry Cobbler
Green Chicken Enchiladas
Savory Breakfast Cauliflower Bake
Sausage Gravy and Bacon Biscuits
Italian Egg Boat
Waffle Pies with Herbed Eggs
Chai Tea Oatmeal