Get the best of both worlds with these sweet and spicy chicken delights
Sweet and Spicy Chicken Thighs and Drums
- 8 pieces (about a pound) Chicken Thighs and Drumsticks (bone-in; skin-on)
- Chipotle Marinade
- 2 cans Chipotle Peppers in Adobo (use less to tame the heat)
- 8 large Cloves Garlic
- 1 cup Barbecue Sauce (use your favorite)
- 3/4 cup Brown Sugar
- Juice of 1 Lime
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Whiskey
- pinch Kosher Salt
- Mango Salsa
- 1 medium Ripe Avocado (1/2-inch dice)
- 1 medium Ripe Mango (1/2-inch dice)
- 1/4 cup Chopped Fresh Cilantro
- 3 Scallions (sliced)
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoon Fresh Lime Juice
- Kosher Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper
- To Serve
- Cooked White Jasmine Rice
- Black Beans
- Lime Wedges
- Combine all of the Marinade ingredients in a blender and puree until completely smooth. Place Chicken in a zip-top bag, and pour in the Marinade. Toss the Chicken to coat all sides, and marinate for at least 1 hour and up to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Prepare a baking sheet lined with a wire rack. Arrange the Chicken on the rack and bake for 30 minutes or until the Chicken registers 160°F on a meat thermometer. Allow to rest for 10 minutes before serving.
- While the Chicken bakes, combine the Avocado, Mango, Cilantro, and Scallions in a large bowl. Add the Lime Juice and Olive Oil with a pinch of Salt and a couple of cracks of Freshly Ground Pepper. Toss together and taste for seasoning.
- Top the Chicken with Mango Salsa, and serve with Rice, Black Beans and Lime Wedges.