Carla Hall's Sweet Chicken Minis
- 4 (about 4 pounds) Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts (cut into pieces to fit rolls)
- 1 cup Dill Pickle Juice
- 8 tablespoons Butter (softened)
- 3 tablespoons Honey
- 1 Egg
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 1/2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 3 tablespoons Confectioner's Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly cracked Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- Peanut Oil for frying
- 24 Miniature Yeast Rolls (warmed and halved)
- Sweet Tea with lemon wedge to serve
- Marinate chicken in pickle juice overnight in a zip top bag. Remove chicken from fridge and brine 20 minutes before cooking.
- Whip together the softened butter and honey until thoroughly combined. Allow to sit at room temperature until ready to use.
- Preheat oil to 350 degrees F. In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg and milk and season with salt. In another bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients.
- Working in batches, coat the chicken in the milk mixture, allowing excess to drip off. Completely coat in flour mixture and place shaking off excess and placing in the hot oil. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until chicken is golden and cooked through. Using a slotted spoon or spider, transfer to a paper towel lined plate.
- Spread a small amount of honey butter on the inside of each roll. Make mini sandwiches with the yeast rolls and chicken nuggets. Serve with Sweet Tea.