Sweet Potato Soup
This fall soup is the perfect dish to warm your guests bellies before Thanksgiving dinner!
- step-by-step directions
Sweet Potato Soup
- 4 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- 3 pounds sweet potatoes (about 5 potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 1 large red onion (peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 3 large carrots (peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 1/2 cup sherry
- 2 teaspoons coriander seed
Feta Pomegranate Salad
- 1 orange (zest)
- 1 cup parsley (leaves)
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 cup feta cheese (crumbled)
- Place a large, heavy bottomed pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add 3 tablespoons olive oil, potatoes, onion and carrots, and season with salt and pepper. Sauté, stirring occasionally, until translucent and the potatoes start to caramelize, about 8 minutes. Add the coriander, stir to combine and toast the spices for 2 minutes. Add the sherry, bring to a simmer and cook until almost completely reduced. Add 8 cups of water and orange zest, season with salt and pepper, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook until the potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Using an immersion blender, puree the soup until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- For the Feta Pomegranate Salad: in a medium mixing bowl, add the parsley, pomegranate seeds, Feta cheese, and 1 tablespoon of olive oil, and stir to combine.
- Serve the hot soup in individual bowls. Top with a pinch of Feta Pomegranate salad and a drizzle of olive oil.
Similar categories: Ingredients Potato Courses & Meals Lunch Soups Appetizers, Starters & Snacks Vegetable Appetizers Gluten-Free Holidays & Occasions Thanksgiving Thanksgiving Soups Thanksgiving Appetizers
Cannelloni al Forno
Skordalia and Roasted Beets
Rock Shrimp and Egg Sandwich
Apple Tarte Tatin
Buttermilk Semifreddo with Candied Peaches
Cast-Iron Blueberry Cobbler
Green Chicken Enchiladas
Savory Breakfast Cauliflower Bake
Sausage Gravy and Bacon Biscuits
Italian Egg Boat