Don't forget your vegetarian friends this summer by making these amazing burgers!
Sweet & Smoky Black Bean Burgers
- 1 (22oz) can BUSH’S® Sweet Mesquite Grillin’ Beans®
- ½ cup Yellow Onion, minced
- 1 ½ cups Plain Breadcrumbs
- 2 tsp Ground Cumin
- 2 tsp Chili Powder
- 6 each Hamburger Buns
- Cooking Spray
- Reserved Grillin’ Beans® Sauce
- Prepared Coleslaw
- Line a 13x9” cookie sheet with wax paper and spray lightly with cooking spray.
- Pour BUSH’S® Sweet Mesquite Grillin’ Beans’ Beans® into a colander set over a small bowl to drain excess sauce. Approximately 1/3 cup of sauce should be drained. Save reserved liquid to use as a condiment.
- Place drained beans, onions, breadcrumbs, cumin and chili powder into the bowl of a food processor, secure lid and process for 30 seconds, stopping halfway to scrape down sides of the food processor bowl with a rubber spatula. Mixture will still be slightly lumpy.
- With hands slightly damp with water, divide mixture into 6 equal sized portions and shape into patties. If hands become sticky, rinse under cool water between each patty. Place shaped patties on waxed paper lined cookie sheet. Place cookie sheet in the refrigerator and allow burger patties to chill for at least 30 minutes or until firm. While burgers are chilling, set clean, well-oiled grill to medium-high heat.
- To grill, remove burgers from refrigerator and spray the tops lightly with cooking spray. Using a spatula, place patties on grill and cook 6 minutes on each side or until burgers are crisp and lightly charred outside and heated through.
- Remove burgers from grill and place on serving platter. To serve, place burgers on buns and top with optional toppings, as desired.