Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you just want Michael's version of a classic candy bar!
- step-by-step directions
- 6 ounces Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt
- 2 cups Powdered sugar
- 14 ounces Sweetened Shredded Coconut
- 3/4 cup Whole Unsalted Almonds (toasted; if desired)
- 16 ounces Bittersweet Chocolate Chips (1 bag)
- 2 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- Line an 8x8 straight edged pan with foil, overlapping the edges, and lightly spray with cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the Condensed Milk, Vanilla and Salt. Mix in the Powdered Sugar (1 cup at a time) until you have a smooth mixture. Next, add the Coconut and mix until thoroughly coated and combined. Pour mixture into the prepared pan and press in to an even layer using your hands or rubber spatula lightly coated with cooking spray.
- If Almonds are desired, place the Almonds in single rows, about 8, leaving room in between, and press them slightly in to the Coconut mixture so they stick. Refrigerate for at least an hour, until firm enough to cut in to bars.
- When the Coconut mixture has set, lift out of the pan by the foil. Peel the foil off and place on a cutting board. Cut in to strips in between the rows of Almonds then cut in to bars, every 2 Almonds. Keep refrigerated until ready to coat.
- Set a medium mixing bowl over a small pot of simmering water and add Chocolate Chips to the bowl. Stir every so often until they have melted, and then add the Oil. Stir until the Chocolate and Oil are completely blended and the Chocolate is thinned and shiny. Using a fork, dip each bar in to the Chocolate, letting any excess drip off.
- Place the dipped bars on a wax paper lined baking sheet. Dip all of the bars and then let them sit until the Chocolate firms and sets up. Store at room temperature or refrigerated.
Peach and Sriracha Chicken Over Coconut Rice
Quinoa and Shrimp Medley
Skordalia and Roasted Beets
Roasted Carrots and Chickpeas with Feta Vinaigrette
Double Decker Buffalo Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Spring Orzo Salad
Swiss Chard and Feta Turnovers
Donut Puffs with Coffee Mousse
Mint Salsa Verde Glazed Smoked Ham
Mint Salsa Verde
Green Bloody Mary with Mint Salsa Verde