Taleggio and Salami Panini
So simple. So quick. So delicious.
- step-by-step directions
Spicy Fennel Honey:
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon fennel seeds
- 2 teaspoons chili flakes
Taleggio and Salami Panini:
- 1/2 loaf focaccia (cut into 4-inch squares)
- 1 pound taleggio (rind washed, room temperature, thinly sliced)
- 12 slices fennel salami (thinly sliced)
- Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium high heat. Wrap a brick in aluminum foil and preheat on the grill to sustain the heat while pressing the panini on the grill.
- For the Honey: In small saucepan over medium heat, add the honey, fennel seeds and chili flake. Warm through, about 3-5 minutes.
- For the Panini: Slice the foccacia in half widthwise. Lay the slices of cheese on the bread and top with the salami slices on one side of the bread. Drizzle the spicy fennel honey on top of the salami. Add the remaining piece of the focaccia. Place on grill and put the brick on top of the sandwich. Grill for 5 minutes per side--the bread should be crispy on the outside and the cheese should be melted on the inside. Drizzle with additional honey and serve.
- Tip: Prepare the sandwiches ahead of time, wrap in foil and keep warm in a 200ºF oven.
rate this recipe
Fried Chicken Sandwich
Strawberry Pie with Brown Butter Crust
Spring Quiche with Ham and Asparagus
Palak Paneer (Creamy Spiced Spinach with Cheese)
Pan-Seared Salmon with White Wine Butter Sauce, Broccoli and Sweet Potatoes
Broccoli Cheddar Oatmeal Bake
Roasted Chicken and Pimento Mac and Cheese
Fried Chocolate Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries
Stout Ice cream
Foolproof Lemon Bars
Basic Roast Chicken