Tea and Bourbon-Brined Roast Chicken
Some of the best Roast Chicken you'll ever have!
- step-by-step directions
- 4 cups iced tea
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup Kosher salt
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 lemon (sliced)
- 2 ounces bourbon
- 1 (3-4 pound) whole chicken
- 1/2 cup Sriracha
- 1 cup honey
- 1 lemon (sliced)
- 3 sprigs rosemary
- 2-3 (1-inch) pieces ginger (peeled, thick slices)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Butcher's twine
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- For Chicken Brine: In a medium bowl, whisk together the iced tea, honey, salt, bay leaves, and lemon slices. Transfer brine and chicken to a large zip-top bag or large bowl to submerge chicken and refrigerate overnight.
- For Siracha Honey: The next day, in a medium bowl, whisk together Sriracha and honey, and set aside until serving.
- For Roasted Chicken: Preheat the oven to 450ºF. Remove chicken from brine and pat dry, discarding brine. Allow the chicken to come to room temperature. Stuff the cavity of the chicken with lemon, rosemary and ginger. Place the chicken on a baking sheet, tuck the wings and tie the legs together with butcher's twine.
- Season the chicken lightly with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil. Roast for 25-30 minutes until a golden brown skin develops. Reduce the temperature to 375ºF and roast for an additional 30-35 minutes or until the internal temperature on a meat thermometer reads 165ºF.
- Remove from the oven and allow to rest for 10 minutes. Remove the butcher's twine and cut the chicken into 8 pieces. Serve with spicy honey.
- Tip: If not serving immediately, hold on a baking sheet in the oven at 200ºF until ready to eat.
rate this recipe
Foolproof Lemon Bars
Basic Roast Chicken
Herby Store Bought Tomato Sauce
Quick Tomato Sauce
Classic Tomato Sauce
Green Eggs and Ham Breakfast Crepe
Bologna Fried Rice
Kal's Spicy Salsa
Roasted Portobello Tacos with Cabbage Slaw and Smashed Avocado
Cheddar Chicken Enchilada Skillet
Carrot Cake Poppers