Whisking flour to the turkey pan drippings achieves a smooth consistency and rich flavor
- step-by-step directions
- 3 tablespoons Flour
- 1/2 cup Pan Drippings
- 1 cup White Wine
- 2 cups Chicken Stock (warmed)
- 1 bundle of Thyme
- 1 head of Roasted Garlic
- 3 tablespoons Butter
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Return the saute pan you seered your turkey in to the stove, over medium high heat.
- Whisk in the flour to the pan drippings until the mixture resembles sand. Cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly. Deglaze with the wine and continue whisking up the browned bits on the bottom of the pan. Ladle in the chicken stock and toss in the thyme bundle. Squeeze in the garlic cloves.
- Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer, stirring occasionally. Cook for a minimum of five minutes, or until the flour taste is gone from the gravy.
- Pull out the thyme bundle and whisk in 2-3 tablespoons of butter. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper and serve in a gravy boat, hot.
Similar categories: Holidays & Occasions Thanksgiving Thanksgiving Sides Christmas Other Side Dishes Condiments
Grilled Lamb Chops and Plums with Mint Pesto
Grilled Soy Chicken Thighs with Honeydew Relish
Red Velvet Cannoli Cake
Pineapple Teriyaki Chicken Meatballs
Banana Split Ice Cream Cupcake Bar
T-Bone Steak with Green Bean Salad
Lamb Ribs with Shaved Asparagus, Mint and Feta Salad
Grilled Japanese Eggplant with Fresh Tomato Sauce
Vegetable Lo Mein