Whisking flour to the turkey pan drippings achieves a smooth consistency and rich flavor
- step-by-step directions
- 3 tablespoons Flour
- 1/2 cup Pan Drippings
- 1 cup White Wine
- 2 cups Chicken Stock (warmed)
- 1 bundle of Thyme
- 1 head of Roasted Garlic
- 3 tablespoons Butter
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Return the saute pan you seered your turkey in to the stove, over medium high heat.
- Whisk in the flour to the pan drippings until the mixture resembles sand. Cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly. Deglaze with the wine and continue whisking up the browned bits on the bottom of the pan. Ladle in the chicken stock and toss in the thyme bundle. Squeeze in the garlic cloves.
- Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer, stirring occasionally. Cook for a minimum of five minutes, or until the flour taste is gone from the gravy.
- Pull out the thyme bundle and whisk in 2-3 tablespoons of butter. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper and serve in a gravy boat, hot.
Similar categories: Holidays & Occasions Thanksgiving Thanksgiving Sides Christmas Other Side Dishes Condiments
Grilled Cornbread with Blueberry Compote
Grilled Lobster Tails with Lime Basil Butter
Grilled Flank Steak with Blue Cheese Red Onions
Taleggio and Salami Panini
Soft Shell Crab Falsi Testaroli with Lemon Tomato Basil Sauce
Pineapple Foster with Pound Cake
Cornflake French Toast with Fresh Berries and Mascarpone Cream
Cinnamon Pecan Waffles
Easy Poached Eggs with Spinach and Spicy Lemon Oil
Corn Fritters with Scallions