Whisking flour to the turkey pan drippings achieves a smooth consistency and rich flavor
- step-by-step directions
- 3 tablespoons Flour
- 1/2 cup Pan Drippings
- 1 cup White Wine
- 2 cups Chicken Stock (warmed)
- 1 bundle of Thyme
- 1 head of Roasted Garlic
- 3 tablespoons Butter
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Return the saute pan you seered your turkey in to the stove, over medium high heat.
- Whisk in the flour to the pan drippings until the mixture resembles sand. Cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly. Deglaze with the wine and continue whisking up the browned bits on the bottom of the pan. Ladle in the chicken stock and toss in the thyme bundle. Squeeze in the garlic cloves.
- Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer, stirring occasionally. Cook for a minimum of five minutes, or until the flour taste is gone from the gravy.
- Pull out the thyme bundle and whisk in 2-3 tablespoons of butter. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper and serve in a gravy boat, hot.
Similar categories: Holidays & Occasions Thanksgiving Thanksgiving Sides Christmas Other Side Dishes Condiments
rate this recipe
Sunday Lamb Roast with Paloise Sauce
Vegan Spinach and Artichoke Dip Triangles
Hibiscus and Elderflower Mocktail
Pimm's Royale Punch
Royal Roast Chicken and Bacon Sandwich
Pizza Spring Rolls
Steamed Artichokes with Brie Fondue
Eggplant Lasagna Chips and Dip
Cucumber Tea Sammie
Chicken Soup with Orzo and Spinach