Whisking flour to the turkey pan drippings achieves a smooth consistency and rich flavor
- step-by-step directions
- 3 tablespoons Flour
- 1/2 cup Pan Drippings
- 1 cup White Wine
- 2 cups Chicken Stock (warmed)
- 1 bundle of Thyme
- 1 head of Roasted Garlic
- 3 tablespoons Butter
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Return the saute pan you seered your turkey in to the stove, over medium high heat.
- Whisk in the flour to the pan drippings until the mixture resembles sand. Cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly. Deglaze with the wine and continue whisking up the browned bits on the bottom of the pan. Ladle in the chicken stock and toss in the thyme bundle. Squeeze in the garlic cloves.
- Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer, stirring occasionally. Cook for a minimum of five minutes, or until the flour taste is gone from the gravy.
- Pull out the thyme bundle and whisk in 2-3 tablespoons of butter. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper and serve in a gravy boat, hot.
Similar categories: Holidays & Occasions Thanksgiving Thanksgiving Sides Christmas Other Side Dishes Condiments
rate this recipe
Oven Smoked Lamb Ribs with Potato and Pea Salad
Banana Cream Pie
Spring Three Bean Salad
Grilled Greens Salad
Lightened Up Chickpea and Mushroom Meatball Platter
Whole Roasted Cauliflower with Poblano Vinaigrette and Goat Cheese Cream
Not Your Mama's Pigs in a Blanket
Fried Chicken Sandwich
Strawberry Pie with Brown Butter Crust
Spring Quiche with Ham and Asparagus
Palak Paneer (Creamy Spiced Spinach with Cheese)