Pizza topped with scrambled eggs, bacon, and sausage
Michael Symon's Scrambled Egg Pizza
- 6 eggs (beaten)
- 2 cups grated Mozzarella
- 1 ball Pizza Dough
- 1/2 pound chopped bacon
- 1/2 pound Sweet Italian Sausage
- 2 cups Sweet Potatoes (small diced)
- 2 Banana Peppers (one chopped and one sliced into thin rounds)
- 1 cup Tomato Sauce
- 1/2 cup Cream
- Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons All-Purpose Flour
- 2 cups Milk
- 1 tablespoon Red Chili Flakes
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- Preheat a grill pan over medium high heat. Roll out one portion of pizza dough into a rectangle, large enough to fit on the grill. Brush the grill with oil and then carefully lay the dough on the grill.
- Meanwhile, heat a saute pan over medium heat.
- Whisk the mozzarella into the beaten eggs and season with salt and pepper. Add 3 tablespoons of olive oil to the pan and then scramble the eggs slowly, stirring contantly.
- In another saute pan over medium high heat, cook the bacon until crispy. Add in the chopped banana peppers and the sweet potatoes. Cook over high heat, tossing frequently. The potatoes are cooked when fork tender, about 7-8 minutes.
- Heat another large saute pan over medium high heat and cook the sausage, crumbling with a potato masher. Once the sausage is cooked through, sprinkle in flour and stir with a wooden spoon. Continue to make the sausage & gravy by whisking in milk and seasoning with red chili flakes, salt and pepper.
- Grill both sides of the pizza dough, brushing with olive oil after flipping. Once cooked through, top the dough with the scrambled egg mixture and then dollop with salsa.
- Garnish with the green chili and serve with the sweet potato hash and sausage gravy. Slice and serve.