Why would you eat bland off the shelf bread when you make this wonderful bread at home!
- step-by-step directions
- 8 cups Flour
- 4 ounces Lukewarm water (may be slightly more or less, as needed)
- 2 teaspoons Yeast
- 5 1/2 tablespoons Lard or Vegetable Shortening
- 3 teaspoons Salt
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- Nonstick Cooking Spray
- Add the Yeast to the 4 ounces lukewarm water and allow to bloom.
- Combine the Flour, Lard, Sugar, and Salt in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the hook attachment. Add the Water with the bloomed yeast and knead in the mixer until dough is formed. Turn out onto a Floured work surface and knead by hand for 10 minutes, moistening your hands while you knead if the dough is not smooth enough.
- Place in a bowl, and store covered in a warm place for 1 hour to rise.
- To cook the Tigelle, place dough on a floured work surface and punch the dough down and roll out to 1/2-inch thickness. Cut out into 4-inch rounds.
- Heat a nonstick pan over medium heat. Spray with nonstick cooking spray and cook for 3 to 4 minutes per side, covering the pan after they are flip to allow them to cook through. Remove and serve.
Peach and Sriracha Chicken Over Coconut Rice
Quinoa and Shrimp Medley
Skordalia and Roasted Beets
Roasted Carrots and Chickpeas with Feta Vinaigrette
Lemon Chicken with Charred Pea Salad
Rhubarb Filled Pound Cake
Asparagus Vichyssoise with Shrimp Salad
German Potato Salad
Spicy Turkey Lime Soup
Korean BBQ Tacos
Polenta Souffle with Pecorino and Black Pepper