Fried Chicken never tasted so good!
- step-by-step directions
- 2 pounds chicken wings
- 1/2 cup yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon seafood seasoning
- 1 tablespoon seasoning salt
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 box chicken fry (10-ounces)
- corn oil (for frying)
- Fill a tabletop deep-fryer 3/4 of the way full and preheat oil to 400ºF.
- In a large bowl, add the chicken wings and mustard. Use your hands to massage mustard all over chicken. Add seasoning to chicken.
- Add chicken fry to flour and mix.
- Take two paper grocery bags and and double them up. Place chicken and flour in bag. Close bag and shake to coat chicken in flour mixture.
- Make sure chicken is fully coated. Press flour coating deep into crevices and make sure every corner is covered in flour and shake in bag again.
- Use one hand to throw chicken in deep fryer and the other to remove from oil to avoid cross-contamination.
- Fry chicken until it floats. Remove from oil, and place on a baking sheet with baking rack. Keep in open air.
- Tip: No paper bag? No fear! Toss the wings with the flour in a large zip-top bag or in a large bowl instead!
rate this recipe
Foolproof Lemon Bars
Basic Roast Chicken
Herby Store Bought Tomato Sauce
Quick Tomato Sauce
Classic Tomato Sauce
Green Eggs and Ham Breakfast Crepe
Bologna Fried Rice
Kal's Spicy Salsa
Roasted Portobello Tacos with Cabbage Slaw and Smashed Avocado
Cheddar Chicken Enchilada Skillet
Carrot Cake Poppers