A spicy twist on the traditional grilled cheese sandwich that will delight your taste buds three times over
Triple Decker Spicy Pulled Pork Grilled Cheese
- 6 Challah slices (about 1/2-inch thick)
- 4 slices Pepper Jack Cheese
- 1/4 cup Refried Beans
- 3 tablespoons Pickled Jalapenos (using more or less to taste)
- Kosher Salt
- 1/4 cup Sherry Vinegar
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 3 tablespoons Spicy Mustard
- 3 tablespoons Hot Sauce (using more or less to taste)
- 1 cup Leftover Pulled Pork
- 1 Avocado (sliced)
- 2 tablespoons Pickled Red Onions (using more or less to taste)
- 3 tablespoons Fresh Cilantro Leaves
- Preheat a panini press to the low setting.
- Make two sandwiches, each of two slices of Pepper Jack Cheese sandwiched between two slices of Challah Bread. Spread Butter on the outside of the sandwiches. Place on the panini press and cook until crisp and golden brown on the outside, and the Cheese is melting.
- Spread Refried Beans on one of the remaining Challah Slices, and top with a layer of Pickled Jalapenos and a pinch of Salt. Sandwich with the remaining Challah Slice and butter the outside of the sandwich. Place on the panini machine and cook until the bread is golden brown and crisp.
- In a saucepot over medium-high heat, add the Vinegar, Sugar, Hot Sauce, and Mustard. Stir together until Sugar has melted. Taste for seasoning, adjusting the acidity by adding more or less Sugar. Add the Pulled Pork and stir together until combined. Once the Pork is heated through, assemble the triple decker.
- Take one Grilled Cheese, and top with the Pulled Pork. Top the Pulled Pork with the Refried Bean sandwich, and spread the Avocado over the top of the sandwich. Top with
- Pickled Red Onions
- and Cilantro, and then top off with the remaining Grilled Cheese.