Triple-Layer Graveyard Dip
This easy dip is perfect for any Halloween party!
- step-by-step directions
- 3 ripe avocados (peeled, pitted)
- 1 lime (juiced)
- 1/4 cup red onion (peeled, minced)
- 1 serrano chile (seeded, minced)
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves (finely chopped)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 3 tomatoes (finely chopped)
- 1/2 small white onion (peeled, finely chopped)
- 1/2 jalapeno (seeded, finely minced)
- 1 clove garlic (peeled, minced)
- 1 lime (juiced)
- Kosher salt (to taste)
- 4 flour tortillas (8-inch)
- 1 bunch scallions (divided, half sliced in 1-inch pieces, half chopped)
- 1 can black beans (15 ounces, drained, rinsed)
- Preheat the broiler. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- For the Guacamole: In a large bowl, add the avocado, lime juice, red onion, serrano chile, and cilantro, and mash with a fork to combine. The consistency should be relatively smooth with small lumps of avocado. Season with salt and pepper.
- For the Pico de Gallo: In a small bowl, add the tomatoes, onion, jalapeno, garlic, and lime juice, and mix to combine. Season with salt.
- For the Tortilla Chips: Cut the tortilla chips into tombstone shapes and place on the baking sheet. Place in the oven and broil until the tortilla chips are slightly golden brown, about 1-2 minutes per side.
- To Assemble: With scissors or the tip of the knife, cut 1-inch pieces of scallions and make several thin slits in the top half of the scallion to make them look like grass.
- In a 9x13-inch baking dish layer the guacamole, then the pico de gallo, and finish with the black beans. Top with the chopped scallions and 1-inch pieces of grass. Chill until ready to serve. Place the tombstone tortilla chips in the dip before serving.
- Tip: Use a potato masher to easily mash the avocados. Add your favorite taco toppings, like shredded cheddar cheese or sour cream, in different layers to customize the dip!
Apple Cider Spice Mix
Carly's Spinach Pesto
Roasted Cauliflower Soup with Parmesan Croutons
Jeweled Citrus Bark
Cinnamon Apple Monkey Bread
Fresh Veggie Frittata
Bruschetta with Ricotta and Pepita Gremolata
Skirt Steak with Ginger Gold Apples
Mini Pumpkin Cheesecakes
Breaded Pork Tenderloin Sandwiches with Sauteed Peppers
Oven Roasted Salmon with Purple Cauliflower Puree and a Buttermilk Dill Slaw