Tropical Ice Cream Sandwich
Carla's Tropical Ice Cream Sandwich is so cute and tasty!
- step-by-step directions
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter (softened)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 pint store-bought vanilla ice cream (slightly softened)
- 1 pint store-bought mango sorbet (slightly softened)
- 2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut (toasted)
- For the Shortbread Cookie: In the bowl of a stand mixer, add the softened butter and sugar. With the mixer on medium, beat the butter and sugar for 3 to 4 minutes or until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla, coconut extract, and salt and mix until combined. With the mixer on low, slowly add flour, 1/2 cup at a time, until combined. Remove dough and shape into a flat disk. Refrigerate for 1 hour before using.
- Line two sheet trays with parchment paper. Using a rolling pin, roll 1/4-inch thick. Use a round 1 1/2-inch cookie or biscuit cutter to cut the cookies. Place on the sheet tray and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Place in the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until edges are light brown. Remove from the oven to a baking rack. Allow to cool on the pan for 5 minutes, then remove from sheet tray to a baking rack and allow to cool completely.
- To Assemble: On a quarter sheet tray lined with parchment paper, spread vanilla ice cream and mango sorbet and using a small offset spatula, spread the two together to swirl until smooth on the sheet tray. Place in the freezer to set for at least 1 hour.
- Remove from freezer and using the 1 1/2-inch cookie cutter, dip the cookie cutter in hot water and cut out rounds of ice cream. Place one round of ice cream on the flat side of one shortbread cookie, topping with another shortbread cookie. Repeat with remaining cookies. Roll the outside edges of the ice cream sandwich in the toasted coconut.
- Tip: Wrap the ice cream sandwiches in wax paper and place on a baking sheet in the freezer to avoid any mess!
Jamaican Curry Patties
Sweet Potato, Corn and Wild Rice Enchiladas
Buttermilk Fried Chicken
No-Bake Cheesecake Bites Two Ways
Georgian Cheese Bread
Pork and Shaved Brussels Sprouts Skillet
Mexican Lentil Soup with Skillet Cornbread
Chocolate Hazelnut Rolls
Chicken Alfredo Pizza
Sweet Potato Chili Casserole
Chicken and Herby Dumplings
Apple Pie Cups