The Chew's Turketta
- 10-15 pound Fresh Turkey (de-boned)
- Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 pound Pancetta (finely chopped)
- 10 Garlic cloves (minced)
- 3 Lemons (zest)
- 1 Orange (zest)
- 4 sprigs Rosemary (stripped and chopped)
- 1/2 cup Parsley (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons Red Chile Flake
- 2 tablespoons Rinsed Capers (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons Kosher Salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place the pancetta in a food processor and pulse until you form a paste. Thoroughly mix the pancetta with the remaining ingredients. Lay the turkey on a cutting board flesh side up and score every inch. Rub the flesh with the pancetta paste, thoroughly rubbing into the scores.
- Roll it up, skin side out, and tie with butcher twine. Season the skin lightly with salt. Place into 350 degree oven and roast for 1 hour. Turn the heat up to 400 and bake for another 1/2 hour or until the skin is crisp and internal temperature reaches 160 degrees. Let the turketta rest for 30 minutes.
- Gently slice the turketta and serve. Serve with salsa verde and gravy.