A great dish for turkey any time of year!
- step-by-step directions
- 4 turkey cutlets
- 6 sage leaves (large)
- 4 large proscuitto slices
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter (divided)
- 4 shallots (peeled, thinly sliced)
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 4 tablespoons chicken stock
- 1/2 lemon (juiced)
- 1/4 cup parsley (finely chopped)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- Cover cutlets with a piece of plastic wrap. Pound the turkey cutlets to 1/4-inch thickness. Season each cutlet with salt and pepper and lay one sage leaf on each cutlet. Lay 1 slice of prosciutto over each piece and fold in half like a book. Secure the two sides with a toothpick.
- Place flour in a large shallow baking dish and season with salt and pepper. Dredge each cutlet in the seasoned flour.
- In a large saute pan heat olive oil and 1 tablespoon of butter over medium-high heat. Add the turkey cutlets and cook until golden brown on both sides, about 6 minutes per side. Once you have flipped the turkey cutlets, add the shallots o the saute pan and season wiht salt and pepper. Cook until the shallots have started to caramelize, about 3 minutes. Add the white wine and chicken stock and cook over high heat until reduced by half, about 6 minutes. Swirl the lemon juice, remaining butter and the final 2 sage leaves into the pan and season with salt and pepper. Garnish with a drizzle of olive oil and parsley. Serve.
- Tip: Substitute the turkey cutlet with a chicken or pork cutlet!
Pork and Beef Meatballs
Savory Rye French Toast with Corned Beef Hash and Cheddar Onion Butter
Paella with Chorizo, Shrimp, Calamari, Mussels, Green Peas, and Curry Butter
Strawberry Linzer Cheesecake
Ricotta Gnudi with Brown Butter and Sage
BBQ Pork Dumplings
Spicy Orange Glazed Chicken Thighs with Shaved Carrot Salad
Kandi's Creamed Corn
Classic German Chocolate Cake
Almond Braised Chicken Thighs with Butternut Squash and Brussels Sprouts