The Oz family regularly enjoys taco night. As a kid Daphne ate tofu tacos, but now she's partial to this healthy turkey one.
- step-by-step directions
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chipotle chile powder
- 1 onion (diced)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 jalapeno (seeded and minced)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 6 ounces beer
- 1 can pinto beans (drained and rinsed)
- 12 hard taco shells
- salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1 red onion (diced)
- 1 head romaine (shredded)
- 1 tomato (diced)
- 1 cup green pimiento-stuffed olives (sliced)
Creamy Chipotle Dressing:
- 1 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chile powder
- 1 teaspoon honey
- juice of 2 limes
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- pinch of salt
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat, add the oil and the ground turkey. Cook until it begins to brown, about 5 minutes, and then add the onion, garlic, and jalapeno pepper, and cook for another 3 minutes. Stir in the spices, tomato paste, and beer, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Continue cooking until liquid has reduced slightly. Add pinto beans and stir to combine.
- Combine all of the ingredients for the salad in a large bowl and set aside.
- To make the dressing, whisk together all of the ingredients and add a pinch of salt. Pour over the salad ingredients and toss to coat. Serve with the tacos.
- To assemble, fill a taco shell with the turkey mixture and top with the salad.
Chicken Kabobs with Greek Village Salad
Grilled Grouper with Key Lime Mango Salsa
Leftover Meat 'n' Potato Ravioli
Spicy Roasted Head of Cauliflower
Grilled Shrimp with Bacon Jam
Tropical Grilled Shrimp Salad
Capri-Style Vegetable Salad
Grilled Calamari Chopped Salad with Chickpeas, Olives & Salami
Grilled Swordfish With Mojo
Stephen Smith's Meaty Cheesy Lasagna
Fried Chicken Sandwich with Brussels Sprouts Slaw