The Oz family regularly enjoys taco night. As a kid Daphne ate tofu tacos, but now she's partial to this healthy turkey one.
- step-by-step directions
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chipotle chile powder
- 1 onion (diced)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 jalapeno (seeded and minced)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 6 ounces beer
- 1 can pinto beans (drained and rinsed)
- 12 hard taco shells
- salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1 red onion (diced)
- 1 head romaine (shredded)
- 1 tomato (diced)
- 1 cup green pimiento-stuffed olives (sliced)
Creamy Chipotle Dressing:
- 1 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chile powder
- 1 teaspoon honey
- juice of 2 limes
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- pinch of salt
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat, add the oil and the ground turkey. Cook until it begins to brown, about 5 minutes, and then add the onion, garlic, and jalapeno pepper, and cook for another 3 minutes. Stir in the spices, tomato paste, and beer, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Continue cooking until liquid has reduced slightly. Add pinto beans and stir to combine.
- Combine all of the ingredients for the salad in a large bowl and set aside.
- To make the dressing, whisk together all of the ingredients and add a pinch of salt. Pour over the salad ingredients and toss to coat. Serve with the tacos.
- To assemble, fill a taco shell with the turkey mixture and top with the salad.
Skordalia and Roasted Beets
Rock Shrimp and Egg Sandwich
Apple Tarte Tatin
Buttermilk Semifreddo with Candied Peaches
Cast-Iron Blueberry Cobbler
Green Chicken Enchiladas
Savory Breakfast Cauliflower Bake
Sausage Gravy and Bacon Biscuits
Italian Egg Boat
Waffle Pies with Herbed Eggs
Chai Tea Oatmeal