Udon Bowl with Peanut Sauce and Grilled Chicken
If Olivia Munn approves, then you know it's good!
- step-by-step directions
- 1/2 pound carrots (peeled, cut into thin matchsticks)
- 1 cup rice vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon coriander seed
- 2 teaspoons mustard seed
Udon Bowl with Grilled Chicken and Peanut Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 chicken thighs (boneless, skinless)
- 1 12- ounce package udon noodles
- 1/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 clove garlic (peeled, grated)
- Kosher salt, freshly ground black pepper and chili flakes (to taste)
- 1 English cucumber (diced small, to garnish, optional)
- cilantro (leaves only, to garnish, optional)
- mint (leaves only, to garnish, optional)
- 1/4 cup peanuts (roughly chopped, to garnish, optional)
- For the Pickled Carrots: In a medium bowl, add the carrots and set aside.
- In a small sauce pot, over medium-high heat, add the rice vinegar, water, sugar, salt, coriander seed, mustard seed and bring to a boil. Cook until the sugar dissolves, about 1-2 minutes. Pour the liquid over the carrots and allow to cool. Cover the carrots and allow to sit at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- For the Udon Bowl with Grilled Chicken and Peanut Sauce: Bring a large pot of salted water to boil and cook udon noodles according to package instructions. Reserve 1/4 cup of the cooking liquid, then drain and rinse the noodles to stop the cooking process and set aside.
- Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium-high heat.
- Drizzle olive oil over both sides of the chicken thighs. Season with salt and pepper. Place on the grill and cook until a nice char forms, about 5-6 minutes. Flip the chicken and grill until cooked through, about 5 more minutes. Remove from the grill and allow to rest for at least 5 minutes. Slice and set aside.
- In a medium sauce pot over medium-high heat, stir together peanut butter, soy sauce, sesame oil, rice vinegar, honey, and garlic and cook until warmed through, about 2 minutes. Season chili flake to taste. Loosen sauce with reserved cooking liquid. Pour sauce over the bowl of noodles and toss to coat.
- To Assemble: Divide noodles evenly amongst 4 bowls. Top each bowl with sliced chicken and arrange small piles of pickled carrots, cucumbers, cilantro leaves, mint leaves and peanuts on top of the noodles. Serve cold or at room temperature.
- Tip: Use the pickled carrot recipe to pickle any or all of your favorite vegetables!
Braised Chicken Thighs with Caramelized Onions and Egg Noodles
Grilled Skirt Steak with Charred Tomatillo Salsa
Easy Tiramisu Cake
Gluten Free Coconut Pancake
Chickpea and Lentil Curry Over Toasted Pita
Marinated Pork T-Bones
Tuna Noodle Casserole with Potato Chip Topping
California Veggie Burger
Spaghetti Squash Latkes
Apple Cider Donuts
Spiced Turkey Meatloaf
Kielbasa with Beer and Onions